PDA

View Full Version : Politics in Off-Topic Forum which was moved to The Sandbar (circular reference?)

MMD
10-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Where would you like political threads to be posted? I wanted to post a thread on the death of the 4 Americans in Libya but the Off-Topic forum is closed (moved to The Sandbar) and The Sandbar says no political threads. Are you outlawing political posts?

HB Vic
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Dan at this point I'm not even sure I want a political section. So take that for whats it worth.

I'm sure there are 100,000 other forums that have political sections.

Like I've said before, the site is still in beta. Things are evolving and changing every day.

We may or may not have a political section. How's that for an answer :D

MMD
10-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Cool. No problem. It's your site and I respect what you're doing!

thanks

HB Vic
10-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Actually Dan we want this to be youre site. I just dont see a need for drama, politics, or posts that demean or harm people in any way. We get enough of that in the news and other media. No need to pump up the circus.

Thanks for your understanding.

HB

big warlock
10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Something to think about:

People come here and ultimately get to know a considerable amount if people. Typically we all met boating and then wish to discuss or continue to discuss during the week. You also want to discuss whatever you want. 100 percent agree with no personal attacks and demeaning behavior (ala Jordy) should be allowed. But you face this an more. And the consequences are normally reduced to a slap on the hand for some. Wait until folks make up names and go to different locations just to log on. You would think you were dealing with 5 year olds! Lol

But I hate to see some topics off limits.

shintoooo
10-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Actually Dan we want this to be youre site.

HB

It's your :p