PDA

View Full Version : Hotboat of the month (note new rules)

HB Vic
08-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Please note new hotboat of the month rules: www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time without notice. You may only vote for your boat one (1) time. If you are caught voting multiple times (using multiple accounts or otherwise) you will be disqualified and will no longer be eligible to enter your boat for this contest. In order to vote, you must have a minimum of twenty-five (25) posts anywhere on this site. We are doing this to discourage anyone from voting for their boat more than 1X. A maximum of ten (10) boats may be entered, with a minimum of three (3) boats. You may only win one (1) time per year. And in order to receive your prize (a very nicely www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) embroidered AO Cooler) you must be the current owner of the boat. We are also now requiring you to submit some information along with your photos: 1. Year, make and model of your boat. 2. Engine/drive specifications. 3. History of the boat (if you know it). 4. Some brief details on the build or re-build if possible. Good luck to each of you!!

hoofy
08-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Now that the rules have changed maybe I will enter the Dimarco again, didn't have enough friends for votes the last time.

HB Vic
08-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Now that the rules have changed maybe I will enter the Dimarco again, didn't have enough friends for votes the last time.

Please do enter it!!

hoofy
08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Looks like September is full, will enter October hot boat of the month.

Beautiful Noise
08-28-2013, 06:29 PM

You have more friends now ...... LOL ......OK ....Ok ......I'll vote for you once I get my post count up

Mitch
08-28-2013, 06:39 PM
You have more friends now ...... LOL ......OK ....Ok ......I'll vote for you once I get my post count up

Beautiful noise you a nut swinger ?

Wendi
08-28-2013, 06:41 PM

You're almost there!!! Good job :)

Beautiful Noise
08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
:punch:
Beautiful noise you a nut swinger ?

No Respect ......:t_lowblow::t_lowblow::t_lowblow::t_lowblow:

hoofy
08-28-2013, 07:25 PM

See you at Castle Rock on the 14th

454 blue boat
08-28-2013, 07:44 PM
you must have a minimum of twenty-five (25) posts anywhere on this site. So this means I cant even vote on someone elses boat either wow and from what im reading here and you guys are wanting new members. You could of at least let us Pm a vote to you so you had a chance to use it or not

Mitch
08-28-2013, 07:45 PM
:punch:

No Respect ......:t_lowblow::t_lowblow::t_lowblow::t_lowblow:

:biggrin: :Lies:

GotHalos
08-28-2013, 07:47 PM
you must have a minimum of twenty-five (25) posts anywhere on this site. So this means I cant even vote on someone elses boat either wow and from what im reading here and you guys are wanting new members. You could of at least let us Pm a vote to you so you had a chance to use it or not

You already have 19 posts and voting for next month doesn't open for another 4 days. What's the issue?

Mitch
08-28-2013, 07:48 PM

You must be from California ?

WESTERNAERO
08-28-2013, 07:52 PM
You must be from California ?

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Mitch
08-28-2013, 08:24 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Tell me about that boat in your photo looks familiar ?

WESTERNAERO
08-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Tell me about that boat in your photo looks familiar ?

Not much to tell, 1980 Dimarco cruiser, V-drive, blown 540, T400. Was at Bransons last weekend and it never saw the water because the 20 minute down poor killed the MSD box.
Do you own the #525 vector?

Mitch
08-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Not much to tell, 1980 Dimarco cruiser, V-drive, blown 540, T400. Was at Bransons last weekend and it never saw the water because the 20 minute down poor killed the MSD box.
Do you own the #525 vector?

I was pulling skiers when the down pours hit ,my MSD box is out in the open I was thinking it was going to have issues, it got wet, I got lucky .We ran it again Monday and it seems fine . you have a place at Bransons ?

WESTERNAERO
08-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I was pulling skiers when the down pours hit ,my MSD box is out in the open I was thinking it was going to have issues, it got wet, I got lucky .We ran it again Monday and it seems fine . you have a place at Bransons ?

No, We used to go to Parker quite a bit and was always kicking around the idea of picking up a place there. Last weekend was our first time back in 5 years and we just rented on of those little brick rooms they have there. We were standing on the dock early Saturday morning getting ready to ski when a vector #525 came by pulling doubles looked like a boat I thought you posted someway else in here.

Mitch
08-28-2013, 09:18 PM
No, We used to go to Parker quite a bit and was always kicking around the idea of picking up a place there. Last weekend was our first time back in 5 years and we just rented on of those little brick rooms they have there. We were standing on the dock early Saturday morning getting ready to ski when a vector #525 came by pulling doubles looked like a boat I thought you posted someway else in here.

Yes its mine I was pulling 2 skiers Saturday morning . Were did you go the last 5 years ? Its hard to beat Parker there are some good deals right now . When we were kids my parents had friends at Bransons and we would go hang out when they were there . My MSD box is hooked up using Delphi connections when it does have a issue it will be a bitch to replace .

WESTERNAERO
08-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes its mine I was pulling 2 skiers Saturday morning . Were did you go the last 5 years ? Its hard to beat Parker there are some good deals right now . When we were kids my parents had friends at Bransons and we would go hang out when they were there . My MSD box is hooked up using Delphi connections when it does have a issue it will be a bitch to replace .

Yeah, you laid into it a little when you were passing the wake board boat, and all three us said how good it sounded.
Why did we stop going? A little of everything I guess, growing my business, babies, doing the hotrod thing, hunting. I have too many hobbies I guess. But even though I never used my boat last weekend we had a good time and the wife and I both agreed that we need to get back into it.

Mitch
08-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, you laid into it a little when you were passing the wake board boat, and all three us said how good it sounded.
Why did we stop going? A little of everything I guess, growing my business, babies, doing the hotrod thing, hunting. I have too many hobbies I guess. But even though I never used my boat last weekend we had a good time and the wife and I both agreed that we need to get back into it.

Thank you , sometime getting around the wake boats can be a challenge !! Hopefully we will see more of you on the River it was awsome today no wind no boats not to hot .... I have a feeling starting tomorrow its going to be on...

WESTERNAERO
08-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Thank you , sometime getting around the wake boats can be a challenge !! Hopefully we will see more of you on the River it was awsome today no wind no boats not to hot .... I have a feeling starting tomorrow its going to be on...

Sounds like fun. I have a feeling we'll be back out in a few weeks, I'll make sure to buy ya a cold one if we run into each other.

Beautiful Noise
08-28-2013, 09:48 PM
:biggrin: :Lies:

Me Lie ....... Never :stir:

Mitch
08-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Me Lie ....... Never :stir:

Just :kissit: more

Mitch
08-28-2013, 10:04 PM
That would be great post up next time your headed this way :)

Underdog Racing
08-29-2013, 09:24 AM
I understand there's a need for rules but 25 posts seems a little excessive - discourages/excludes any new members from voting at all...

HB Vic
08-29-2013, 09:30 AM
I understand there's a need for rules but 25 posts seems a little excessive - discourages/excludes any new members from voting at all...

We certainly don't want to discourage people from voting, but on the other hand we want to make sure the contest is a fair as possible. In the past many of the voters met the 2 post min requirement then completely disappeared from the site. In our opinion, 25 posts ensures the voter is more than likely a real person and will hopefully stick around the site for awhile. You're only 22 or so post away. Some of us, yours truly included, make upwards of 50 posts in a single day. I would consider that excessive lol.

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 09:32 AM

Yep, I've been a posting SOB the past 12 hours. After I get to 25 you'll probably never hear from me again. Post #17 I think.

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
post #18

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Almost there

HB Vic
08-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Yep, I've been a posting SOB the past 12 hours. After I get to 25 you'll probably never hear from me again. Post #17 I think.

lol, well we're hoping you stick around for post #26 & 27 at least :D

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 09:38 AM
lol, well we're hoping you stick around for post #26 & 27 at least :D

Yeah I'll be here, but I mostly just look at boat pics and read the tech shit. Post #20?

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Post #24

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Holy weeping Jesus!!!! (that's a Steve quote, Thanks Steve) I made it, post #25. I need a drink!!

Wendi
08-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Holy weeping Jesus!!!! (that's a Steve quote, Thanks Steve) I made it, post #25. I need a drink!!

Whoo hoo party party you can vote now lol!!! What a trooper.

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Whoo hoo party party you can vote now lol!!! What a trooper.

Nah, I'm too burned out to vote now.

Mitch
08-29-2013, 10:14 AM

I feel used :action-smiley-069: LMAO .....

Mitch
08-29-2013, 10:19 AM
We certainly don't want to discourage people from voting, but on the other hand we want to make sure the contest is a fair as possible. In the past many of the voters met the 2 post min requirement then completely disappeared from the site. In our opinion, 25 posts ensures the voter is more than likely a real person and will hopefully stick around the site for awhile. You're only 22 or so post away. Some of us, yours truly included, make upwards of 50 posts in a single day. I would consider that excessive lol.

50 a day you have serious issues :speechless-smiley-0:smile:

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 10:22 AM
I feel used :action-smiley-069: LMAO .....

Wah Wah, you must be from California.:lmao

HB Vic
08-29-2013, 10:23 AM
50 a day you have serious issues :speechless-smiley-0:smile:

Have you been talking to Mrs Hotboat?? :D

carrera489
09-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Just wondering what size cooler you win ? I just got the big AO and its bad ass !

Underdog Racing
09-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Dear Hot Boat, I was wondering why the September hot boat of the month poll is ending on 9/18/2013 in stead of ending at the end of the month like the polls of the past, My thought is if with the new rules of 25 posts it's a lot harder to get the votes, so why are you shortening the duration of the contest??? - need 12 days to count fewer votes?

HB Vic
09-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Dear Hot Boat, I was wondering why the September hot boat of the month poll is ending on 9/18/2013 in stead of ending at the end of the month like the polls of the past, My thought is if with the new rules of 25 posts it's a lot harder to get the votes, so why are you shortening the duration of the contest??? - need 12 days to count fewer votes?

Very good question. I do not know the answer, but I'll find out and let everyone know.

Wendi
09-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Just wondering what size cooler you win ? I just got the big AO and its bad ass ! The medium cooler is what you win!

Underdog Racing
09-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Thank's Hot Boat...

Beautiful Noise
09-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Just wondering what size cooler you win ?

With a post count of 2 if you won it would just be a small Coolie ... :happy:

Wendi
09-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Just wondering what size cooler you win ? I just got the big AO and its bad ass ! I hope you got the Hotboat.com discount!!!

Cbad
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
That's a lot of posts just to be able to vote.

carrera489
09-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Sweet what gets embroidered into them ?

Wendi
09-11-2013, 09:22 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/esavuges.jpgour logo

Underdog Racing
09-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Does Hot Boat have any update on why the September Poll is ending early, on 9/18/2013 - in lieu of the end of the month 9/30/2013?

WMC
09-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Does Hot Boat have any update on why the September Poll is ending early, on 9/18/2013 - in lieu of the end of the month 9/30/2013?

Hi UR, sorry for the delay. HB of the month entries are for the entire month, voting polls are open for 15 days. We found keeping the polls open longer didn't make a difference. Once the winner is announced then the prize is ordered, the winner's boat is featured on the home page for 30 days until the next boat for the next month is announced and so on and so forth. That is how we have been doing it for a while. The reason for the 25 posts is because in the past there were some discrepancies in the results. Also we want the voters to come on the boards and like what they see and stay for the long run, post, etc. I hope this answer your questions and concerns. Wendi

Underdog Racing
09-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Thank's for the feed back Wendi

ptc
11-13-2013, 03:50 PM
I saw that you guys are doing different 'categories' of boats now.... is it just going to be 25' and Over & 25' and Under...? I would think if you are going to take the winners and turn this into some type of HOTBOAT Calendar at the end each year (WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!) then you could have categories for 12 months worth;

1. 16'-18' FULL RACE BOATS
2. 16'-18' CUSTOMS
3. 19'-21' FULL RACE BOATS
4. 19'-21' CUSTOMS
5. 22'-30' FULL RACE BOATS
6. 25'-30' CUSTOMS/CRUISERS
7. 31'- 55' FULLRACE/OFFSHORE
8. 31'- 55' CUSTOMS/CRUISER
9. ANY SIZE ALL WOODIE CRUISER BOAT
10. ANY SIZE WOOD DECKER BOAT
11. BEST OF ONLINE PHOTO CHOICE
12. BEST OF HOTBOAT RACE VENUE SHOTS

Wendi
11-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I saw that you guys are doing different 'categories' of boats now.... is it just going to be 25' and Over & 25' and Under...? I would think if you are going to take the winners and turn this into some type of HOTBOAT Calendar at the end each year (WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!) then you could have categories for 12 months worth;

1. 16'-18' FULL RACE BOATS
2. 16'-18' CUSTOMS
3. 19'-21' FULL RACE BOATS
4. 19'-21' CUSTOMS
5. 22'-30' FULL RACE BOATS
6. 25'-30' CUSTOMS/CRUISERS
7. 31'- 55' FULLRACE/OFFSHORE
8. 31'- 55' CUSTOMS/CRUISER
9. ANY SIZE ALL WOODIE CRUISER BOAT
10. ANY SIZE WOOD DECKER BOAT
11. BEST OF ONLINE PHOTO CHOICE
12. BEST OF HOTBOAT RACE VENUE SHOTS Great ideas we will take that into consideration. I think we did the November category because the bigger guys weren't submitting with the smaller boats. We wanted to give them a chance to win as well. But yes we will consider this for sure. Thanks ptc

JYeager
12-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Please note new hotboat of the month rules: www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time without notice. You may only vote for your boat one (1) time. If you are caught voting multiple times (using multiple accounts or otherwise) you will be disqualified and will no longer be eligible to enter your boat for this contest. In order to vote, you must have a minimum of twenty-five (25) posts anywhere on this site. We are doing this to discourage anyone from voting for their boat more than 1X. A maximum of ten (10) boats may be entered, with a minimum of three (3) boats. You may only win one (1) time per year. And in order to receive your prize (a very nicely www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) embroidered AO Cooler) you must be the current owner of the boat. We are also now requiring you to submit some information along with your photos: 1. Year, make and model of your boat. 2. Engine/drive specifications. 3. History of the boat (if you know it). 4. Some brief details on the build or re-build if possible. Good luck to each of you!!

I personally think that the 25 minimum post to vote makes it really tough for older fokes that aren't too computer savy to get in there. JMO

WESTERNAERO
12-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I personally think that the 25 minimum post to vote makes it really tough for older fokes that aren't too computer savy to get in there. JMO

Just go around and reply to a bunch of threads with these guys >>>>>>> :biggrin::lmao:AngryFinger_7WSKJO::loser::thumbup:

HB Vic
12-13-2013, 10:10 AM

I apologize but it is necessary to somewhat keep things as fair as possible. It deters people from making multiple accounts for voting purposes.

ptc
12-13-2013, 11:34 AM

That comment represents alot of people in here.... we are all OLD!!!! and we do just fine thank you very much!!!! Keyboards have been around for quite a while.... maybe electricity hasnt but I think you get the drift..... right VIC .... :wink_002:

HB Vic
12-13-2013, 11:59 AM
That comment represents alot of people in here.... we are all OLD!!!! and we do just fine thank you very much!!!! Keyboards have been around for quite a while.... maybe electricity hasnt but I think you get the drift..... right VIC .... :wink_002:

Keyboard? whats that? I use a touch device LOL

hoofy
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey Hotboat, September hot boat is still on the home page, what happened to October and November hot boat.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

HB Vic
12-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Hey Hotboat, September hot boat is still on the home page, what happened to October and November hot boat.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Looks like we're behind, thank you for the reminder. I've asked Admin to put both Oct and Nov up now.

sandcrab84
07-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm getting in on this!! Winning Hotboat of the month would be SO awesome!!!

Paul65K
07-15-2014, 07:10 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/esavuges.jpgour logoI sure hope I win this contest one of these days..........a blue cooler just like that one would look perfect in my boat :D

HB Vic
07-15-2014, 09:14 PM
I sure hope I win this contest one of these days..........a blue cooler just like that one would look perfect in my boat :D

I have your cooler Paul. Just a little bit going on here. Trust me, I'd deliver it if I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk