PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboarder's

Stainless
08-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Any Hotboat peeps wakeboarder's?
I have sparingly did it for a couple years and have gotten more serious this year having gone out about 4 times. I have been on a relentless weight loss deal for 2.5 months and its helping big time for agility. The only thing I dislike are the 5 am starts for good water! :(
I could use some equipment advice if someone wants to share. Probably looking at a wakeboard boat next year too. Sorry guys, I know they fuck the water up but it's a lot of fun. :)

riverrunner1984
08-11-2013, 05:46 PM
I have wakeboarded in the past as recreation. No where near serious though. I snowboard regularly so I was able to pick up wakeboarding kind of easily. The last time I went, I attempted a 180, landed wrong and ended up having to have surgery to re-attach a tendon on my leg. Not pretty but I still enjoy it

Stainless
08-11-2013, 06:09 PM
I have wakeboarded in the past as recreation. No where near serious though. I snowboard regularly so I was able to pick up wakeboarding kind of easily. The last time I went, I attempted a 180, landed wrong and ended up having to have surgery to re-attach a tendon on my leg. Not pretty but I still enjoy it

That sucks and it worries me due to your knees being perpendicular to the tow rope most of the time.
So far the only rookie mistake I made was wrapping the excess lacing 360 around my ankle, it still hurts from a month ago. I didn't go today to try and heal it up 100%.

GotHalos
08-11-2013, 06:17 PM
The gear they have now is very nice compared to what was used in the past. As far as bindings and boots they have moved very similar to those used on the snow slopes. I've always stuck with Hyperlite or Liquid Force. Are you looking for a new complete setup?

riverrunner1984
08-11-2013, 06:20 PM
I have HORRIBLE knees from football and other sports and I they were actually OK while i was wakeboarding. I really love looking at the wakeboarding boats I just dont think I would purchase one. If I was to buy one, I really like the Malibu Wakesetters. Im on a weight loss deal as well and one thing that really helps me with agility/flexability is yoga. People make fun of it but it seriously an intense workout. I do the p90x Yoga.

Stainless
08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
The gear they have now is very nice compared to what was used in the past. As far as bindings and boots they have moved very similar to those used on the snow slopes. I've always stuck with Hyperlite or Liquid Force. Are you looking for a new complete setup?

Yea, after this season I'm going to upgrade. Using an O'brien clutch with Liquid Force IP6 bindings now, old stuff. What do you think of CWB equipment?
I learned that the 1/8" tow lines with PVC coating are really nice for non-tangling and non-stretch! Also seem to like a board smaller than recommended size, is that just me?

Stainless
08-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I have HORRIBLE knees from football and other sports and I they were actually OK while i was wakeboarding. I really love looking at the wakeboarding boats I just dont think I would purchase one. If I was to buy one, I really like the Malibu Wakesetters. Im on a weight loss deal as well and one thing that really helps me with agility/flexability is yoga. People make fun of it but it seriously an intense workout. I do the p90x Yoga.

If I buy one it will be used, and the Malibu Wakesetter is one I really like!
I'm doing two a day sit-ups, push-ups and 3 mile walk on lunch hour. Just eating the recommended serving size and cut back on alcohol, although I'm splurging tonight.:D

GotHalos
08-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Yea, after this season I'm going to upgrade. Using an O'brien clutch with Liquid Force IP6 bindings now, old stuff. What do you think of CWB equipment?
I learned that the 1/8" tow lines with PVC coating are really nice for non-tangling and non-stretch! Also seem to like a board smaller than recommended size, is that just me?

CWB has always been near the top in gear as well from what I know. I was the same way, a smaller board is easier to maneuver. The bigger you go the more you have to fight the board. I'd say just find the most comfortable binding and go from there.

I mostly stick to the wakeskate now, although injuries are a lot more likely (for me anyways) Lol.