PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe everything you read on the interweb - HB facts #1 & #2

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I would normally never make a post like this, but when I'm accused of....I'm not even sure what to call it....attempt to thwart the delivery of a child or intentionally scheduling the launch of an internet site when your child is supposed to be born? Its so bizarre and ridiculous I'm almost speechless. But for the record, here are the actual facts. Not that some people are interested in facts when drama is so much more appealing, but here goes anyway: Fact #1 - hotboat.com launched sometime in October. In fact, I wasn't even aware of the actual launch date. Check my user #, I think I'm #33 or something like that. There were people using the site before I was even aware of it LOL. Fact #2 - I don't have cohorts last I checked. My doctor gave me a clean bill of health. But if he meant any of my friends? well again, absolutely ludicrous. No one that I know went over to ole RD's site and spammed him. If people went on his site and mentioned hotboat.com, it was because they wanted to, not because I, or any of my friends, family, or partners directed them to. That's just a plain old simple fact. I would never use someone else's roof to launch my balloon like others may have done in the past. If we succeed, we succeed as a result of our own efforts and hard work, not off the shoulders of others. I don't do business that way, never have, never will. So RD, maybe you should think twice about accusing people of wrongdoing when you have absolutely no clue about what you're talking about. You're so far off base on this one I'm afraid even a military grade GPS couldn't get you back on course. So run along now, but please keep the fanciful statements and drama about this site off others sites who have absolutely nothing to do with it. Ciao. 14632

Menace Marine
08-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Bad "hotboat". Bad bad "hotboat"

You know what. I say everyone go check out this awesome website. River Dave's something or other.

Menace Marine
08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
O ya I forgot. Hotboat is awesome.

ChumpChange
08-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I got a phone call with that story.

Cigalert
08-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I got a phone call with that story.

cohort!

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
cohort!
I don't think it applies to us. According to Merriam anyway lol.
co·hort (Merriam-Webster) noun \ˈkō-ˌhȯrt\ 1
a : one of 10 divisions of an ancient Roman legion
b : a group of warriors or soldiers
c : band (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/band), group (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/group)
d : a group of individuals having a statistical factor (as age or class membership) in common in a demographic study <a cohort of premedical students>

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Another interesting fact: Looks like Ole RD is user #10 on www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) LOL

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 02:36 PM
You know sometimes I forget I have the keys to this car. Ole RD signed up on October 18, 2012. That's just a few days prior to his acclaimed November 1 launch. Best laugh I've had all day, so far :lmao1:

rioracr
08-07-2013, 03:37 PM
are you sure that wasn't a hack job as I think he has changed his av and loc to Havasu and both sites are doing ok to start this drama would be nuts, just my opinion :realitycheck:

H2oSki2Fast
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Funny thing is, every time there is some sort of drama, one person seems to always be in the middle of it, and he is always the victim.

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 03:56 PM
are you sure that wasn't a hack job as I think he has changed his av and loc to Havasu and both sites are doing ok to start this drama would be nuts, just my opinion :realitycheck:

If that wasn't him and someone in fact hacked his account and said that, I will be the first to call him and apologize. But based on the post chain and comments, I'm 99.9999% sure it was him :D

But you are 100% indeed correct about the drama. We make it a point here NOT to intentionally talk bad about any other site. We've edited posts and banned people here for talking bad about other sites or businesses. This simply isn't the place for it. I love competition, I eat it all day long. The last thing I would intentionally do is talk bad about my competitors. I learned a long time ago that's not the right way to do business. Your competition will stand (or fall) on their own merits. They usually don't need anyone to give them a push. This thread goes against my grain and I will probably delete it soon. But I did think it was important for people to know I/we had no motive as to when this site started up. Other than to get it going as soon as possible since we had already missed the summer season :angry:

rivermobster
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM

this ^^^

GRADS
08-07-2013, 04:11 PM
This thread goes against my grain and I will probably delete it soon.

In before the delete....I'd like to take this time to say hi to my old pal RD since I can't post on his site and I know he is reading this.:cheekkiss:

BTW, havasudavesplace.com and havasudaves.com are now up and running.....way before November 1st. :) ;)

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 04:22 PM
In before the delete....I'd like to take this time to say hi to my old pal RD since I can't post on his site and I know he is reading this.:cheekkiss:

BTW, havasudavesplace.com and havasudaves.com are now up and running.....way before November 1st. :) ;)

Troublemaker. Why were you banned?? I'd like to compare notes :D

niceguyeddie
08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Troublemaker. Why were you banned?? I'd like to compare notes :D

I was also banned. Are there notes on me? lol :action-smiley-069:

TBI banned me for telling Havasu Rehab (whoever the fuck he even is):rolleyes that he could lick my balls and my ass after he insulted me for no reason. Well it turns out that the real reason for ban was because his mods (whom have never met me) have personal vendettas with me. I heard it had something to do with me being brown or some other childish bullshit. Oh well... Like I've said before, I have no hard feelings towards ol RD. He and I had a few lengthy phone conversations and I ended our convo that I would respect whatever decision he made. He decided to honor the ban to back up his mods and I can appreciate that. It's his business/website and he can do what he chooses. No big deal. He's a boater. I'm a boater and that's that. No reason to create enemies.

Grads' ban was also pretty uncalled for. However it's not my site, so who cares. Not like I've lost a minute of sleep over it.:thumb:

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I was also banned. Are there notes on me? lol :action-smiley-069:

TBI banned me for telling Havasu Rehab (whoever the fuck he even is):rolleyes that he could lick my balls and my ass after he insulted me for no reason. Well it turns out that the real reason for ban was because his mods (whom have never met me) have personal vendettas with me. I heard it had something to do with me being brown or some other childish bullshit. Oh well... Like I've said before, I have no hard feelings towards ol RD. He and I had a few lengthy phone conversations and I ended our convo that I would respect whatever decision he made. He decided to honor the ban to back up his mods and I can appreciate that. It's his business/website and he can do what he chooses. No big deal. He's a boater. I'm a boater and that's that. No reason to create enemies.

Grads' ban was also pretty uncalled for. However it's not my site, so who cares. Not like I've lost a minute of sleep over it.:thumb:
I never quite understood why RDP and HB became so segregated when prior to the launch anytime you clicked for HB it redirected to rdp.:headscratch:
I never had a clue you were brown until you bring it up, which in my book is a completely unnecessary trump card to carry.jmho
Grads' banning(who knows which one of the dozens truthfully) IMO was him consistently pushing the envelope. Justified, probably. Sadly, I think he has some great input and content when he wants but for whatever reason he seemed to always loose it if someone disagreed with him.
I've been around these boat forums since 2003ish, I'm not a avid race fan or tech whiz for boats but I do enjoy the lifestyle it provides me and my family. My presence on all of them is more geared at the social aspect of it, enjoying time together with similarly minded people at the lake and/or other events and trips.
Whether a prop turns left or right, hull has 2 steps, yada, yada, yada isn't as important to me, although getting needed info when you do have an issue is obtainable on any of the forums. That part of it can be helpful. I've seen fantastic personal help go to those in need from complete strangers on these sites.....so to see bickering between folks from what I view as a common denominator with different IP addresses is disheartening.

H2oSki2Fast
08-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I never quite understood why RDP and HB became so segregated when prior to the launch anytime you clicked for HB it redirected to rdp.:headscratch:
I never had a clue you were brown until you bring it up, which in my book is a completely unnecessary trump card to carry.jmho
Grads' banning(who knows which one of the dozens truthfully) IMO was him consistently pushing the envelope. Justified, probably. Sadly, I think he has some great input and content when he wants but for whatever reason he seemed to always loose it if someone disagreed with him.
I've been around these boat forums since 2003ish, I'm not a avid race fan or tech whiz for boats but I do enjoy the lifestyle it provides me and my family. My presence on all of them is more geared at the social aspect of it, enjoying time together with similarly minded people at the lake and/or other events and trips.
Whether a prop turns left or right, hull has 2 steps, yada, yada, yada isn't as important to me, although getting needed info when you do have an issue is obtainable on any of the forums. That part of it can be helpful. I've seen fantastic personal help go to those in need from complete strangers on these sites.....so to see bickering between folks from what I view as a common denominator with different IP addresses is disheartening.

See my earlier post.

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 06:21 PM
See my earlier post.
Victims tend to over-rate themselves:D:D

H2oSki2Fast
08-07-2013, 06:50 PM
:banned1:

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Interesting little known fact is I am a moderator on a boating website, just ain't gonna tell which one. ;)
We keep it drama free there as well.

GRADS
08-07-2013, 08:01 PM
:lmao....no one on Riverchat owns a boat.

Interesting little known fact is I am a moderator on a boating website, just ain't gonna tell which one. ;)
We keep it drama free there as well.

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 08:05 PM
:lmao....no one on Riverchat owns a boat.

nor is it drama free.......then read the first four words of your post :D:D
guess again.

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 08:21 PM
It was never my intent to make this a "let's bash RD thread", it was my intent to quash the BS statement he posted on PB. Based on ole RS's sign up date and user number, I think I successfully proved my point. The facts pretty much speak for them-self. How can he make a November 1 launch claim when he in fact signed up on October 18? Lol

And the other ludicrous claim that we opened accounts to "spam" his site with Hotboat.com propaganda? Another empty and baseless claim.

Time to close this one up. Point proven. 😋

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 08:34 PM
So the website wasn't active prior to Nov 1 or was Nov 1 simply the scheduled launch/tell everyone about it date?

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 08:36 PM
So the website wasn't active prior to Nov 1 or was Nov 1 simply the scheduled launch/tell everyone about it date?

We actually were shooting for November after missing October and possibly September LOL. My web guy got it up and running early and kinda forgot to tell me LOL. So at least 32 people signed up before me. But yes, it was actually up and running in early October.

Cigalert
08-07-2013, 08:38 PM
It was never my intent to make this a "let's bash RD thread", it was my intent to quash the BS statement he posted on PB. Based on ole RS's sign up date and user number, I think I successfully proved my point. The facts pretty much speak for them-self. How can he make a November 1 launch claim when he in fact signed up on October 18? Lol

And the other ludicrous claim that we opened accounts to "spam" his site with Hotboat.com propaganda? Another empty and baseless claim.

Time to close this one up. Point proven. ��

If you want to let your laundry dry on the line a little longer I understand but you should probably lock the side gate so no more neighbors cruise by to do the same.

Ziggy
We actually were shooting for November after missing October and possibly September LOL. My web guy got it up and running early and kinda forgot to tell me LOL. So at least 32 people signed up before me. But yes, it was actually up and running in early October.

Thanks, just curious. Not sure when I signed up but seems like pretty early in Nov..

niceguyeddie

A couple board members I've met in person shortly after my ban made comments that one of the Mods was racist. I'm pretty sure it's bullshit tho... I don't really care about that kinda stuff anyways... I get that shit all the time from friends. Hell my buddy told me the other day I should name my boat "Affirmative Action". lol!

I agree, the forums has been a great way to help, receive help (in even non-boating related things) and meet some pretty cool people.

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 08:40 PM
If you want to let your laundry dry on the line a little longer I understand but you should probably lock the side gate so no more neighbors cruise by to do the same.

Yeah, not that easy with tapatalk lol

HB Vic
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks, just curious. Not sure when I signed up but seems like pretty early in Nov..

Correct, you signed up Nov 1st. You are user #417