PDA

View Full Version : Misinformation being perpetuated that needs to stop!!!

RPMRACING
08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
It is with great sadness that I feel I have to post on this but I was informed this morning that a website hosted by another individual a has inserted his own website name in the place of the real sponsor's- HOTBOAT.COM in the results (which were never sent to him for posting) of the 2013 Long Beach Sprint Nationals presented by ARP. This is very troubling as this person has never been a sponsor of SCSC, RPM RACING ENTERPRISES, POPRA, ETC.

That person has shown once again what kind of a person he is, someone that lacks integrity and character. Once again, this malicious individual is trying to unfairly profit off the hard work of others and I won't sit idle while my sponsor's are being abused.

I would encourage everyone that reads this to send a message to this classless individual by not visiting his website as he is a cancer that should be eradicated for continuing to steal and profit off the hard work of others.

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, President
SCSC/RPM RACING ENTERPRISES/POPRA/GNRA

obnoxious001
08-06-2013, 11:26 AM
It is with great sadness that I feel I have to post on this but I was informed this morning that a website hosted by another individual a has inserted his own website name in the place of the real sponsor's- HOTBOAT.COM in the results (which were never sent to him for posting) of the 2013 Long Beach Sprint Nationals presented by ARP. This is very troubling as this person has never been a sponsor of SCSC, RPM RACING ENTERPRISES, POPRA, ETC.

That person has shown once again what kind of a person he is, someone that lacks integrity and character. Once again, this malicious individual is trying to unfairly profit off the hard work of others and I won't sit idle while my sponsor's are being abused.

I would encourage everyone that reads this to send a message to this classless individual by not visiting his website as he is a cancer that should be eradicated for continuing to steal and profit off the hard work of others.

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, President
SCSC/RPM RACING ENTERPRISES/POPRA/GNRA

Ross

What's happened is that when the Hotboat site started up, the other site set up some kind of auto editing so that people could not enter "Hotboat" into any thread without the other site's name being substituted. That included PM's that might have a link to anything on the Hotboat site. The way around it is to change "Hotboat" to "H0tboat" or "Hotb0at", substituting a zero for one of the o's.

crazyhippy
08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey Ross,

No dog in this fight, but the boating website quarrel has resulted in some boards having an autocorrect built into them. What is typed and what show up may not be 100% the same.

I have seen the problem post, and have a hunch this is what happened. Someone copied the results, and Hotboat.com was "corrected" to something else...

crazyhippy
08-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Dammit OB1,

That is just obnoxious! ;)

WMC
08-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Hey Ross,

No dog in this fight, but the boating website quarrel has resulted in some boards having an autocorrect built into them. What is typed and what show up may not be 100% the same.

I have seen the problem post, and have a hunch this is what happened. Someone copied the results, and Hotboat.com was "corrected" to something else...

Yes I spoke to Dave this morning when you type in hotboat.com it changes to riverdavesplace.com(which is crap) Its still went out on the web and looked like Rdp was a sponsor when they weren't. Dave said he would remove it. Done now let's move on to the next chapter in the next event. Bayfair here we come

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

RPMRACING
08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Despite the damage control now being spun , it was very intentional as notice all other sponsors remained untouched but his competition, HOTBOAT.COM, was mysteriously change to his website.

It's not right for a webmaster/website to change a post to insert his own website to give himself more exposure at the cost of my sponsors. I would defend any of my sponsors as they, like the fans deserve better.

Best,

Ross Wallach, President
SCSC/RPM RACING ENT./POPRA/GNRA

Add: I would never send any of press/post release or info about upcoming events to be posted on this person's website nor would I want any results of my events on his website.

crazyhippy
08-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Rdp has changed hotboat.com for several YEARS now. It was not done just to slight the race sponsor.

I'm not saying it is right, just saying it's not malicious towards you and yours.

WMC
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Rdp has changed hotboat.com for several YEARS now. It was not done just to slight the race sponsor.

I'm not saying it is right, just saying it's not malicious towards you and yours.

Been automatic since November 2nd... per Dave

crazyhippy
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Been automatic since November 2nd... per Dave

I would swear it was longer than that, but it is irrelevant. It was prior to this post, not in response to it.

HB Vic
08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Its probably time to close this up. As I understand it, RD removed all references to sponsors. I suppose that fixes the issue. As a cash paying and supporting sponsor, I can appreciate Ross' perspective. Little disconcerting to see your name removed and replaced with a non-sponsors name. Certainly could have and probably did lead people to believe someone else sponsored the event. Would be similar to doing a sponsor cut and paste for an event and redistributing the flyers, posters, media, etc. to your membership. It is what it is, I suppose. On to bigger and better things. Like Taco Tuesday at our favorite local establishment. I'm already craving a Margarita :biggrin: