PDA

View Full Version : The Beard

Cigalert
08-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Last year, shortly after purchasing the Hallett I was scruffing a bit....hadn't shaved for a little over a week. Some jackhole was doing his best to hold his position and blocking me from getting to my trailer at the ramp. I whistled and he said "sorry sir, I will move". This guy had to be 10 years older than me but I guess my scruff makes me look older. I got to thinking that the hallett was an old man's boat.

Fast forward to this trip. I lost a bet on the 4th of July...can't shave until September 4th (a whole other story). My scruff is ridiculous....at least for me. Playoff beards got nothing on me....the beard is longer than the hair on my head which isn't much but it's a whole lotta beard for my taste. I'm also rocking full side pipes of almost pure white on my cheeks. When WMC stopped by last week he questioned my age. I look 60 although for the record I'm 37. Nevermind what I think....I got a call from the marina today. Cranky Tony was pissed that my CF numbers on the Hallett didn't match the AZ numbers they have in their system from the old toon. I tried explaining to him over the phone that his dingbat chick deleted the bennington, added the Hallett but didn't change the numbers and he wasn't having it. Probably had "Young Punk" under my info. I walk in and let the beard do the talking. After all my interactions with the old cranky buttholes at the marina I was finally given a little respect....or maybe it was the beard. But the guy was friendly and apologetic for the first time.

The beard gets respect!

GotHalos
08-04-2013, 08:15 PM
http://image5.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/products/20315231/views/1,width=378,height=378,appearanceId=63/Fear-the-Beard-T-Shirts.png

ChumpChange
08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Laughing that you're calling that thing a beard! Can I call my hair thick and full?

I shouldn't laugh. Ever since I cut my head on the fire sprinkler, I haven't shaved my head as there was a giant cut. Yup I'm still bald on top. This is the longest my wife has ever seen my hair and we've been married over ten years. By the time I get home, it will be three weeks or so. I can feel the wind flowing through my hair....on the sides.....

Cigalert
08-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Its been a month fire sprinkler inspector. I feel like I need a Harley. And besides....cranky tony apologized. It can't be my charm. He hates anyone born during or after the Korean war.

Sent from my hemDROID

rivermobster
08-04-2013, 10:46 PM
You do need a Harley! I love mine. :D

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

Cigalert
08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
You do need a Harley! I love mine. :D

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

You have a beard?

Good hanging at DS. Watch out for that crowd you were rolling with. Shady group of non bearded guys.

Sent from my hemDROID

ChumpChange
08-05-2013, 07:38 AM
What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The dirtbag is on the inside of the Hoover!

rivermobster
08-05-2013, 08:20 AM
What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The dirtbag is on the inside of the Hoover!

Very funny. :p

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

Ziggy
08-05-2013, 10:42 AM
You can say you got a beard when it looks like Aaron Kaufman's:thumb: