PDA

View Full Version : Tragic boating accident

riverrunner1984
07-16-2013, 12:35 PM
This type of accident always scares me when pulling tubers and anyone behind a boat for that matter.
Such a tragic loss.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2364809/Horror-brother-11-sister-6-killed-tubing-accident-left-10-year-old-sibling-fighting-life.html

Menace Marine
07-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Hate reading stories like this. I cringe every time I see people pulling kids in busy areas. Just because it is legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.

riverrunner1984
07-16-2013, 12:47 PM
That and not having a spotter/flag person is just totally crazy.

niceguyeddie
07-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Sad to read.

It's typically the boat operator who's pulling the tubers fault. Guests often ask me to pull them on skis, wake board or etc on busy days. I always say no as I don't want the liability or headache.

The one's that zig-zag across the river with 10 boats behind them trying to pass are the real morons! Typically I just shut it down and float until the yard sale in front of my dies down.

78Southwind
07-16-2013, 01:22 PM
So sad...

It seems like every time I head down to Needles there's some Idiot pulling tubers through that mess just below the bridge. I just don't get it.

Wendi
07-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Very sad I don't get it. It didn't need to happen. You don't pull your kids on weekends especially busy times. It is a mid week activity when it is not busy. I see so many people pulling kids on busy weekends and it scares me so bad. As a smart parent I would never allow it.

Wendi
07-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Last week we saw a loan driver pulling two kids on tube and no spotter I wished I was a cop at that moment.

ChumpChange
07-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Not a fan of these stories at all. Cannot even imagine the pain. Don't even like thinking of it. :(

26 Kachina
07-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Just horrible. I wouldnt wish this on anyone. People need to be more responsible and think about what can happen before they decide to do it.

HB Vic
07-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Such a tragedy. So sad to hear about these things. You go out to have fun and enjoy the day and all of a sudden your lives are changed forever.

I cringe whenever I see people pulling friends and family on tubes on a busy weekend. In the case of Parker, it really would be like putting your friends or family members on a skateboard and pulling them down I5 during rush hour.

The reward under those circumstances just isn't worth the risk.

PokerRun388
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
There are no words. Just a horrible, horrible tragedy. So sad.

hbchgirl
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
So sad!

wolfie
07-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Absolutely terrible.

While it was ridiculous that there was no spotter, the spotter probably wouldn't have help if the boat turned into the tube. That being said, had he a spotter, maybe he wouldn't have been looking back and would have been more aware of every boat around him.

Looks like so many mistakes all around. I would never pull a tube from a ski, without a spotter and on a busy day. Boaters look for other boats pulling skiers and tubes, not jet skis. They expect jet skis to be ripping around. That being said, the boat should always be aware well aware for 360* and for a great distance.
While the blame will probably be laid at the feet of the boater, on a non-legal level, the dad had a hand in this.

rschap1
07-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Been reading this story too:(
My kids get upset when me and the wife say no on busy days, but...
At least they are around to be upset another day.

GotHalos
07-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Very sad to read :(

Boat 405
07-17-2013, 08:38 AM
So sad, too many people just not paying attention to be pulling skiers, tubes on busy weekends..

Slacker
07-17-2013, 10:51 AM
The lack of common sense these days is ridiculous. It just pisses me off when I hear that some child is killed because of their parents or an adults stupidy. I grew up on Sylvan Lake in Michigan, thats where I learned to Boat. I have a lot of great memories on Sylvan Lake.

rschap1
07-18-2013, 09:35 AM
The lack of common sense these days is ridiculous. It just pisses me off when I hear that some child is killed because of their parents or an adults stupidy. I grew up on Sylvan Lake in Michigan, thats where I learned to Boat. I have a lot of great memories on Sylvan Lake.

X2

Watched an overloaded pontoon go by us last weekend with ADULTS dragging their feet off the front of the boat deeply into the water
:(
A few years ago a Dad killed his son doing just that in a rented pontoon.

Slacker
07-19-2013, 09:53 AM
X2

Watched an overloaded pontoon go by us last weekend with ADULTS dragging their feet off the front of the boat deeply into the water
A few years ago a Dad killed his son doing just that in a rented pontoon.

We had 2 at Havasu this year by falling off the front of a pontoon, spring breaker and a 8 year old girl. Still see people doing it, just can't fix stupid!

RogerThat99
07-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Just saw someone doing that today in the Tahoe Keys. Idiots.

sent using Tapatalk.

RitcheyRch
07-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Such a tragic loss

hpboats83
07-20-2013, 11:38 AM

I think common sense is the key here, even if its a busy weekend, just go find an empty cove, there's plenty of areas on havasu . It blows my mind when I see people pulling other skiers/tubes in front of copper canyon

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta