PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Maxima

HB Vic
07-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Is it really a car or a street legal SXS?

Rented one in Phoenix and just can't get used to no shifting. It's like I'm waiting for it to shift and it doesn't lol.

Tough to get the feel for a cvt in a car.

By the way, redline is really 6500. I checked lol 13122

ChumpChange
07-12-2013, 01:28 PM
My pop's company car is an Altima and it's actually quite annoying! Give me shift points!

HB Vic
07-12-2013, 01:40 PM
My pop's company car is an Altima and it's actually quite annoying! Give me shift points!

Second time I've driven a Nissan. Other than waiting for it to shift, not a bad car.

I rented (against my will) a Kia one time and tried my best to destroy it. Couldn't. I was impressed.

niceguyeddie
07-12-2013, 02:13 PM
1st thing I always do in a rental is check the rev limit! lol

chevellesb406
07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Its funny, when I used to sell Caddies for a living, people looking at used CTS' would sometimes say, "well, the enterprise lot has one a little cheaper". My answer was always, "have you ever rented a car before?" and the husband would usually go "oh, gotcha, yeah, lets keep talking about this one" The wives never really understood.

ChumpChange
07-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Second time I've driven a Nissan. Other than waiting for it to shift, not a bad car.

I rented (against my will) a Kia one time and tried my best to destroy it. Couldn't. I was impressed.

They're the fastest bargain brand although I would t call them a bargain brand either. Maxima the best of what they have by Altima is no bueno.

You ever rent a Daewoo? :)

HB Vic
07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
They're the fastest bargain brand although I would t call them a bargain brand either. Maxima the best of what they have by Altima is no bueno.

You ever rent a Daewoo? :)

Can u rent Daewoos? I thought u get one free in a box of cracker jacks?? 😁

GotHalos
07-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Its funny, when I used to sell Caddies for a living, people looking at used CTS' would sometimes say, "well, the enterprise lot has one a little cheaper". My answer was always, "have you ever rented a car before?" and the husband would usually go "oh, gotcha, yeah, lets keep talking about this one" The wives never really understood.

LOL, that's funny.

Slacker
07-13-2013, 02:19 PM
My wife has a Nissan with the 6 speed CVT trannie, she got it last Feb. I'm kinda gettin used to it, it is different, you just don't feel it shift, but it does get on it!