PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to ship propellers?

GRADS
07-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I need to possibly ship two propellers across country without them being damaged. What is the best way to go about this and how much do you think it would cost?

HB Vic
07-03-2013, 12:29 PM
The ones I've received from Merc are box in a box. FedEx. Never had a problem.

ptc
07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Bubble wrap the ears and box in box

H2oSki2Fast
07-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't know if I would go to this much trouble for a bravo, but for a hot rod prop (or anything labbed), this is how they are shipped.

obnoxious001
07-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I like to double box expensive stuff when I ship, and have enough space between the boxes that can be filled with some kind of protective packaging,, air pillows, peanuts, newspaper,, anything to protect the inner box and contents. Naturally the props need to be properly protected within the inner box as well.

Stainless
07-04-2013, 07:12 AM
King, everything said above are spot on. The best protection you can buy is NOT use UPS, they fuck up everything they touch. Expect to pay $20-30 for each package. FedEx has a shipping calculator.

stokerdude
07-05-2013, 04:10 AM
I don't know if I would go to this much trouble for a bravo, but for a hot rod prop (or anything labbed), this is how they are shipped.

I do this exact same thing with support pillars in the corners so that when the lid is closed the wood cannot move even if flipped upside down...with a 3 blade prop if you move the hole slightly off center you can get the blades a little further from the sides of the box....

Another thing I do is line the box with a stiff closed cell foam helps keep the blades protected if the box gets crushed.....I know it sounds excessive but its really not that hard to do and youre only looking at spending $20-30 in materials and 30 minutes of your time to protect your investment...cheap insurance if you ask me...