PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying home for Independence Day?

ChumpChange
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
And I'm not talking to those who already live on the water. :smile:

I'll be staying local this weekend as I have a nice vacation later in the month with quite a bit of time out of the office. Anybody else going to stay local and not taking a four day weekend by working the 5th? I know it's going to be a slow day as all my clients are better than me and not working but how about any of the members?

HB Vic
07-02-2013, 12:48 PM
What are we, chopped liver??

niceguyeddie
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm staying home this weekend. I'll probably ride my bike down to a friends house on the Newport Peninsula for a 4th party. Then I'll be back to work on Fri and Sat. Well maybe only Sat depending on how much I celebrate on Thurs...

I really would like to go hang out with some friends that will be up whom I rarely see, but I just didn't feel like "dealing with it" this year. The place is going to be over crowded with idiots and with the long launch ramp lines, amount of police, and traffic; I just don't feel up to it. I'm starting to like Holiday Weekends less and less. I can take weekdays off typically whenever I want so 3 day weekends don't really mean shit to me. I'd rather go out when it's mellow and I can actually relax.

ChumpChange
07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
What are we, chopped liver??

How many days in a row will you be there?

HB Vic
07-02-2013, 02:50 PM
How many days in a row will you be there?

9 :) ...

HEY YOU
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I have to work Friday......

RogerThat99
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I am staying home for a party on the 4th, then heading to Santa Cruz on Friday morning for the weekend.

Cigalert
07-02-2013, 07:14 PM
We were going to leave today, then tomorrow and then decided to stay home. We've made more trips this year than the last 3 years combined...time to take time off work without any work.

papaletch4130
07-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm staying home this weekend. I'll probably ride my bike down to a friends house on the Newport Peninsula for a 4th party. Then I'll be back to work on Fri and Sat. Well maybe only Sat depending on how much I celebrate on Thurs...

I really would like to go hang out with some friends that will be up whom I rarely see, but I just didn't feel like "dealing with it" this year. The place is going to be over crowded with idiots and with the long launch ramp lines, amount of police, and traffic; I just don't feel up to it. I'm starting to like Holiday Weekends less and less. I can take weekdays off typically whenever I want so 3 day weekends don't really mean shit to me. I'd rather go out when it's mellow and I can actually relax. You going to gregs house??lol

Wendi
07-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Not us just picked up the boat from menace Marine whoo hoo http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/03/egete9ab.jpg

HB Vic
07-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Not us just picked up the boat from menace Marine whoo hoo http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/03/egete9ab.jpg

So you on your way??

rschap1
07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
We always stay home.
Neighbor shoots off a display that SHAMES every other show around my part of the state.
Get to load the pontoon, enjoy, and just boat home to the dock!
The family and I are spoiled by it:)
Dread the thought of ever having to travel to a municipal show or anything crowded on land like that

niceguyeddie
07-08-2013, 12:46 PM
You going to gregs house??lol

Greg who?

I actually just got home from Havasu a couple of hours ago. I changed my mind and left Friday am. Damn it was hot out there!