PDA

View Full Version : Stitches

ChumpChange
06-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Do you really need a doctor to take out stitches? If they did it right it should be easy enough at home, right?

WMC
06-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Yes. I've done it and I'm good.:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Miss Managed Assets
06-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Where's the stiches?
I've taken out my own stiches and my dogs before, but I have training and use sterilized suture removing instruments.

ChumpChange
06-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Where's the stiches?
I've taken out my own stiches and my dogs before, but I have training and use sterilized suture removing instruments.

Should I take location into consideration? I know I definitely don't want an infection. :)

WMC
06-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Should I take location into consideration? I know I definitely don't want an infection. :)

Oh :eek: I would goto the doctor. Location is everything:D

riverrunner1984
06-29-2013, 08:57 AM
I had stitches on my eye brow last year and had my neighbor take them out. Not bad, kind of a sensitive spot so it hurt a little....Just cut under the know on the middle one and if it doesnt open up the wound, you are good to go. I waited 9 days and was good. Best of luck!

HB Vic
06-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I would douse the area thoroughly with Fireball then take some internally and go for it, what's the worse that can happen?? :D

Cigalert
06-29-2013, 10:50 AM
I do all my own stunts and remove my own stitches. I just need to learn to stitch myself...I would save blood and wasted time.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/FastCan.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/cigalert/media/FastCan.jpg.html)

WMC
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Damn that's jacked up

rschap1
07-01-2013, 03:02 PM
When I had my ruptured bicep tendon repaired last year, the worst part was getting the stitches and staples out of the incisions.
AFTER they were all out the nurse said that she thought they numbed the area.
The staples took quite a bit of meat as they were bent and twisted out.
I managed, but it hurt pretty good when they were getting tugged.
Oh yeh...the "repair" failed last month so I am going to another orthopedic surgeon Wednesday to see if it is even fixable at all.
:(

ChumpChange
07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Well they came out today. Had all the nurses questioning me when I said I was gonna take them out myself except the doc say I couldn't. They all thought I was nuts!

HB Vic
07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Well they came out today. Had all the nurses questioning me when I said I was gonna take them out myself except the doc say I couldn't. They all thought I was nuts!

Are u saying you're not nuts or are you questioning them thinking you're nuts?? 😁

ChumpChange
07-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Are u saying you're not nuts or are you questioning them thinking you're nuts?? ��

They thought I was nuts (no knowing that I am nuts) that I would consider taking stitches out of my nuts! :yikes:

Cigalert
07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
They thought I was nuts (no knowing that I am nuts) that I would consider taking stitches out of my nuts! :yikes:

Had I known you got a new zipper on your luggage I wouldn't have replied.

ChumpChange
07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Had I known you got a new zipper on your luggage I wouldn't have replied.

There is certain information to leave out in order make a thread run! lol

HB Vic
07-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't sweat taking out stitches. Now staples might be a little tougher as you might have to sterilize a pair of pliers or channel locks :D

papaletch4130
07-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I have had stiches probably about 15 times. I have taken them out by my self everytime... I had 28 staples in my knee I took them out myself as well... A couple months ago I broke 6 ribs and collapsed a lung and Mrs K-034 AKA Candace had the pleasure of taking out my stiches under my arm on my side where they had to put in a emergency tude to drain my lungs..lol... There simple and dont hurt one bit to take out..

SofaKingFast
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
You are such a bad ass sugar tits. Lol see you this weekend

rivergames
07-03-2013, 03:13 PM
A few summers ago, I had a few people over at my pad and we were partying pretty good. The chick had staples in her head for a month and needed them removed. I went down to the garage, grabbed a pair of dikes and needle nose and poured some whiskey on them. Snip the center of the staple with the dikes, then use the needle nose to pull each end out. I remember the last staple was a bitch to get out. I started pulling on one end and the top of her head started lifting up. I just gave her a shot or whiskey and said this might hurt a bit :biggrin: