PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Long Beach Sprint Nationals presented by ARP & HOTBOAT.COM

RPMRACING
06-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Sprint Boat Racing Returns
To Marine Stadium On
August 3 & 4, 2013

Long Beach, California – June, 2013 - Since the late ‘40’s, the Southern California Speedboat Club (SCSC) has been conducting races at the “birthplace” of powerboat racing on the West Coast, Long Beach Marine Stadium. Once a year, in August, the Southern California Speedboat Club stages the annual Long Beach Sprint Nationals presented by ARP weekend of American Power Boat Association (APBA) National Championships for sprint boat racing featuring 14 classes of the fastest flatbottom, V-Bottom, Tunnel, Jet Boats and outboard hydroplanes from around the nation competing for bragging rights, titles and their share of prize money.

The Long Beach Sprint Nationals presented by ARP, Ecology Auto, Hotboat.com, Rex Marine, Noble Iron, Sea-Tow. The real beneficiaries however, are the thousands of spectators who turn out to experience the best high powered boat racing in the world.

There will be twelve separate and very different classes of boats competing, from the nimble SST-45 Tunnel boats with their enclosed capsules and outboard motors that turn extremely hard (3-4 g’s) and seem to literally fly down the course with most of the boat out of the water led by the current Western Formula Light Series points leader and defending Long Beach Sprint Nationals 2012 Champion R.J. West #93 Skelton Racing sponsored entry from Valencia, CA against local favorite and past Sprint Nationals winner, #10 Jason Williams, Alta Loma, to the water pounding K Racing Runabouts (K Boats) led by the fully encapsulated K-69- “Freedom Child” owned by Gordon Jennings & Dave Rankin and driven by Lucas Oil Top Alcohol Flatbottom pilot Tony Scarlata. These blown alcohol flat bottoms are guaranteed to have the entire crowd at the waters edge to marvel at their awesome power and speed and stare in wonder at how the drivers managed to keep their craft under control in the tight confines of Marine Stadium.
Just as old as the Southern California Speedboat Club, the Crackerbox class with their unique configuration of flatbottom boat with a driver and rider sitting behind the 314 cubic inch V8’s makes this class the perennial crowd favorite as they thrash their 15.5 foot length hulls around the course racing rail to rail with everyone holding on for dear life. The Super Stock Flatbottoms and Pro Stock Flatbottoms each capable of reaching speeds over 120 mph down the straights will see some tremendous competition. Dave Rankin’s, Hacienda Heights, CA SS #80 driven by Ty Newton, Goodyear, AZ, appropriately named “Wild Child” will defend their title for the 6th year in a row against a tough field of competitors but look for Rob Devine #36 driving for Tom & Janice Buckles in the “Bucks Up Racing Special” from Corona, CA, Ontario, CA to upset Rankin and Newton. This years National Championship title in the Grand National “V-Bottom” class with points leader and local team owner Heath Hiebert, Bellflower CA driving the #369 against Team Ecology Auto Parts #22 owned by Darren Sousamian and driven by David Rankin. From the drop of the flag to the last lap the GN’s are sure to keep the crowd on their feet. Also, on the schedule are the Comp Jets. Jet boat racer and Mark Yunker, #169, Sun City, CA and the rest of the Comp Jets will be on hand to take on the defending National Champioin and Sprint Nationals champion “The Legend” Harold Bruce, #21, Cerritos CA driving for Terry Valore going for a 2nd consecutive Long Beach Sprint Nationals and APBA National Championship. Other classes slated for this years Sprint Nationals are the Classic Outboard Runabouts, SE Runabout, GPS 95 and limited Stock Outboard Hydroplane classes.

Once again in 2013 the Long Beach Sprint Nationals will hold historic significance because there will be several separate APBA National Championships at stake including the Grand Nationals and Comp Jets. The SST-45 (Formula Lights) will be racing for a 2013 North American Championship! With all of these Championships at stake, the racing is guaranteed to be World Class as boats from all over the country will be arriving to join the over 100 boat armada assembling to wow the Long Beach crowds.

There will also be a vendor midway that will feature everything from souvenirs to food and beverage booths as well as a beer garden and don’t miss the classic V-drive display where meticulously restored V-drives from the yesteryear of racing will be parked for all to enjoy. The racing pits are also open to everyone and fans are encouraged to get a close up look at the boats and talk to the drivers and their crews, many of whom have hero cards that they will gladly autograph. Bring your family and friends and share the legacy that is Southern California Speedboat Club Sprint Boat racing at Marine Stadium.

Gates open at 8:00 a.m. racing starts at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $20.00 per adult, $10/child (under 5 are free). Military with active I.D. are also free! Parking is $15.00/vehicle/day and $100/RV/Day. Please note that RV Parking on the North Side of the Stadium Only and limited to the first 32 RV’s. RV/Motorhome move in is on Saturday morning - 8:00 a.m., first come, first served. RV/Motorhome parking on the grass area only, nose in (perpendicular to the race course) and spectators must pre-pay for both days- $100/day plus $15/adult, $10/child (under 5 free), active military ID free. Move out is Sunday night after the races.. Coolers will be inspected as there is NO Alcohol permitted, there is a beer garden on-site.

For More Information please visit SCSC Racing or call (310) 318-4012

WMC
06-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Yes this is going to be great
Very happy:D:thumbup:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

LB247XS
06-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Its always a awesome event I'll be there with my EZ-UP on the grass across from the beach by the R/V parking.hope to meet some of you there :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RPMRACING
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
As usual we will have the Classic V-Drive display on Vendor Alley - please email Ross if you are interested in showing off your ride -rpmracingent@yahoo.com
I will need your name, cell phone, year, make, engine for your boat.

Space is limited and it will be on a 1st come, 1st serve basis until we're full.

Here are the particulars:

Classic V-Drive Boat Display

Set up is Friday, August 2nd (after 9:00 a.m.) and before 7:00 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday (3 & 4) - Security will be on-site if you wish to leave your boat.
Display boats, like vendors, will not be able to leave until after the spectators clear out after the races each day (per the fire dept.) so figure around 5 ~ 5:30 each day.
2 passes per boat, tow vehicle must detach and either park outside the stadium (free) or pay to park inside the parking lot (per the City). 10 X 10 tents are allowed. over the boats

Any other questions please email Ross at rpmracingent@yahoo.com

GotHalos
06-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Looking forward to it!

HB Vic
07-03-2013, 09:02 AM
This event is coming up soon. No doubt it should be a great event. Ross & SCSC don't mess around. Looking forward to another great event, hope to see many of you there.

Wendi
07-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Note: All live broadcast on Ustream/www.Surfrat.tv

Wendi
07-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Hotel Info: Best Western Golden Sails, 6285 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90803. Racer Discount: $89 Single/Double. Call (800) 762-5333 or (562) 596-1631 & mention "Long Beach Sprint Nationals Participant". Participants receive special rate. Hotel approx. 1 mile from course. Room rate block expires 7/2/13, first come-first serve. Make reservations now!!! * * Overflow hotel(s)- The Guest House- (562) 597-1341, Hampton Inn & Suites (562) 594-3939, 2401 Seal Beach Blvd. Seal Beach, CA 90740 * * All rooms first come, first served, limited qty.
CAMPING: There is NO Camping in the pits unless you have a toy hauler, living area inside your enclosed trailer where the boat is also stored, or are towing/launching your boat with a truck with a camper. Motorhome camping is only on the North Side of stadium for $100/day (City fee) move in is on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. There is a 10:00 p.m. light's out policy which is strictly enforced on Friday and Saturday night.

WMC
08-01-2013, 09:30 AM
If you can't make it you can watch live13963

HB Vic
08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
For those of you who made the event, pretty awesome weekend I think you would all agree. If you were able to attend the pre-party at Panama Joe's Friday night, what a blast. Drink specials and hors d'oeuvres was a nice treat. K-034 lighting their boat off parked right in front of PJ's was pretty cool. Not so sure one of the neighbors felt the same way, but you can't make everyone happy LOL. This race itself pretty much went off like clockwork. Even having the boats head out to the track within seconds of the ending of the National Anthem was pretty cool. The timing was impeccable.

Other than a few short delays due to incidents, I didn't see one hiccup really. Ross & Company did an amazing job of putting this event on and making sure the smallest of details was carried out like a Military drill. Hats off to you guys, your staff, volunteers, racers, and even the fans for pretty much cooperating with the rules (like staying out of the water during the race lol). You all did an amazing job!!

There were a few rolls this weekend. The most serious, as far as I could tell, was K-034. Chris was pretty shaken and will probably be pretty bruised up and sore today, but other than seeing his pride and joy upside down in the salt water, I think he and Candice and their crew will all be fine and will be back racing asap. Get well quick buddy.

If you've never been to this event, you really owe it to yourself to go next year. As far as being a spectator, it really doesn't get any better than this. You can watch the race from either side of the track. Our preference was the rock side. Seems like the drivers favored that side too. If you take small children, do them a favor and take hearing protection. Bikes are definitely the preferred method of transportation. And sunscreen is a must. Even though it was overcast for much of the morning, I got totally fried.

The size of this venue really can be deceiving. Both sides of Marine Stadium was packed on Saturday. The crowd seemed a little lighter on Sunday, but again, it is deceiving because of the size of the area. I won't even take a guess on how many people attended, maybe Ross can chime in and let us know for sure. All I can say is there was a shitload of people there.

We ended up staying in our moho on the rock side of the Stadium. It took a little getting used to and a little logistical planning as our booth was on the opposite side of the stadium. But by Saturday afternoon we had it all figured out and staged bikes and cars accordingly. Security was in force throughout the weekend making sure none of the spectators got too close to the action. I saw no point in being so close you could high five the racers, but I guess some people just can't get close enough to the action lol. Other than that, it was pretty laid back.

Excellent weekend of racing, talking to old friends, making new ones, and what a great atmosphere to just hang out and watch some of the best boat racing you can possibly see probably anywhere in the world.

We're already making plans for next year!! See you at the races.

HB

Wendi
08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Ross and crew what a great weekend. You guys are top notch in what you do and I'm sure many people agree with me! This was by far one of my favorite races that I have attended. As a vendor it was great to see all the action up close and personal. Met some great new friends and our friends and family that attended enjoyed the weekend as well. Bikes are a must and next year we will bring the golf cart. The drivers and their crew did an amazing job. Congratulations to all the winners! I'm so glad that Chris is ok after that roll-over it was scary to watch. Props also to Surfrat TV for the live feed coverage, I'm sure those that were unable to attend enjoyed watching over the internet. Can't wait till next time. Thank you all for a great weekend of racing and fun!!! We are proud to be a part of a great racing organization.

RPMRACING
08-05-2013, 03:48 PM
WOW!!! As usual the Long Beach Sprint Nationals didn't disappoint!! What a great weekend at the Stadium!!! Racing hasn't been this exciting in some time and it's poised to only get better. Congratulations to all the racers on an excellent and relatively incident free show! Glad everyone is ok and hopefully back home safe and sound! The fan's definitely got their money's worth!!

Thanks to all the sponsors- ARP, Noble Iron, Hotboat.com, Haul-Ass, Ecology Auto, Sea-Tow, Rex Marine, Mike Follmer Specialties and everyone that advertised in the program!!

A big Thank you to my entire staff! All of you are by far the best group to work with and you make it look easy!!

Overall Results:

ASH Weekend Overall
1st Place 42 C David Hale Sunland, CA
2nd Place 71 C Mike Wright Huntington Beach, CA
3rd Place 70 C Gordon Jennings III Foothill Ranch, CA
4th Place US2 Tony Lombardo Concord, CA
5th Place 12 C Brian Schmeltz Elk Grove, CA
6th Place 55 U Alex Bloomfield Hot Sulfur Springs, CO
7th Place 60 C Kevin Curtis Huntington Beach, CA
8th Place 196 C Nicole Knudson Chino, CA
9th Place 72 C Casey Jones Montclair, CA
10th Place 29 C Ken Knudson Chino, CA
11th Place 126 C Brittney Schwarzinbach Apple Valley, CA
12th Place 5 U Sarah Bloomfield Hot Sulfur Springs, CO

AXH Weekend Overall
1st Place 70 C Gordon Jennings III Foothill Ranch, CA
2nd Place 126 C Brittney Schwarzinbach Apple Valley, CA
3rd Place 55 U Jared Wallach Redondo Beach, CA
4th Place 29 C Tony Lombardo Concord, CA
5th Place 72 C Casey Jones Montclair, CA

SST 45 North American Championship
1st Place 93 RJ West/Chuck Skelton Mantecca, CA
2nd Place 10 Jason Williams Rancho Cucamonga, CA
3rd Place 22 Steven Dawe Indio, CA
4th Place 37 Dean Comer Monrovia, CA
5th Place 24 Spencer Love Santa Rosa Valley, CA
6th Place 25 Warren West Mantecca, CA
7th Place 711 Walt Hollis Anaheim Hills, CA
8th Place 33 Joe Brain Huntington Beach,

Pro Stock Weekend Overall
1st Place 36 Robby Devine/Tom Buckles Corona, CA
2nd Place 741 Greg Shirley/Danny Loveless Payson, UT
3rd Place 55 Ade Bloomfield Hot Sulfur Springs, CO
4th Place 929 Shane Hall/Joan Hall Big River, CA
5th Place 367 Mark LoPresti Parker, AZ
6th Place 5 Jerry Panagos Seal Beach, CA
7th Place 550 Daniel Bement Greshem, OR
8th Place 757 Don Dunster Discovery, Bay, CA
9th Place 640 Tyler Roth/John Grijalva Anaheim Hills, CA

River Racer Jet Weekend Overall
1st Place 2813 Christian Munk San Francisco, CA
2nd Place 55 Bill Robinson Topack, AZ
3rd Place 812 Ralph Brunt Long Beach, CA

Comp Jet APBA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
1st Place 123 Tom Bandy/John McClure Westminister, CA
2nd Place 21 Matt Letcher/Terry Valore Cerritos, CA
3rd Place 460 Jeremie Robinson/Jim Brock No. Hollywood, CA
4th Place 169 Mark Yunker Sun City, CA
5th Place 60 Shirl Dickey Aguila, AZ

COR Weekend
1st Place 30 Mike Quindazzi Huntington Beach, CA
2nd Place 234 Keith Locklier/Kevin Taylor Henderson, NV
3rd Place 29 Greg Belda Lake Havasu City, AZ
4th Place 9 John Soares San Bernardino, CA
5th Place 45 Tim and David Carranza Hawthorne, CA
6th Place 128 Greg Ronkainen Redondo Beach, CA
7th Place 343 Keith Bandy Huntington Beach, CA
8th Place 5 Emilio Mijares Henderson, NV
9th Place 711 Thomas Leiby Copernopolis, CA

GN - APBA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSIHPS
1st Place 24 Joey Cucci/Ted Kolby Inglewood, CA
2nd Place 369 Heath Heibert Bellflower, CA
3rd Place 44 Dave Rankin/Darrin Sousamin Hacienda Hts, CA
4th Place 27 Gary Garland Long Beach, CA
5th Place 99 Dan Normanden Huntington Beach, CA
6th Place 21 Mike Schmelling Phoenix, AZ

Super Stock Weekend Overall
1st Place 550 Kyle Bement Nampa, ID
2nd Place 80 Ty Newton/Dave Rankin Hacienda Hts, CA
3rd Place 36 Robby Devine/Tom Buckles Corona, CA
4th Place 333 Chad Crowder Glendale, AZ
5th Place 5 Jerry Panagos Seal Beach, CA
6th Place 757 Don Dunster Discovery Bay, CA

KRR Weekend Overall
1st Place 136 Robby Devine/Tom Buckles Corona, CA
2nd Place 24 Steve Sequeira Irvine, CA
3rd Place 66 Ty Newton/Pat Breazeale Glendale, AZ
4th Place 150 Charlie Marquard Puyallup, WA
5th Place 124 Sean Naffziger Clovis, CA
6th Place 69 Tony Scarlata/Jennings/Rankin Foothill Ranch, CA
7th Place 034 Chris Irick Lake Havasu City, AZ
8th Place 16 John Gunthrie Jr. Lake Havasu City, AZ

Crackerbox Weekend Overall
1st Place 92 Mike Schatz/Cole Noble Lakewood, CA
2nd Place 94 Don Doidge/Justin Delessandro Lancaster, CA
3rd Place 111 Richard Rucki/Scott Stump Martinez, CA
4th Place 5 Tony Lombardo/Blake Stump Livermore, CA
5th Place 21 David Doidge/Jennifer Doidge Anaheim, CA
6th Place 55 David Laws/Matt Stump Huntington Beach, CA

oliverstwist713
09-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Had a great time, will be there next year.