PDA

View Full Version : This is probably off topic...

GRADS2112
10-24-2012, 12:39 PM
....but I would ditch the "off topic'' section. It seems like they are both sandbar-like and the
Mon,Tues,Wed,etc threads are a little Riverchatish.:cower:

WMC
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I've never been on river chat they would never except me. Off topic is for the other off topic stuff. Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Grads you pushing it or is this legit?

jordy
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Grads you pushing it or is this legit?

I really fucking can't believe I'm about to type this, but I do see that moron's point... but you're still in beta mode here and it will take some time. The sandbar has always been the off-topic kind of area and all the technical stuff, such as changing out fuel pumps, will end up in the appropriate forum.

If you start trying to split up the bullshiting areas, for lack of a better term, then you spend your whole life babysitting and sorting threads. Then the whining starts because so and so started a thread and it was allowed to stay, while the thread you started was moved.

Let it run for a while and see how it works. You'll find out that there are some forums that get zero traffic, and those are the ones you get rid of. Then you'll notice that you need a forum because some topic keep popping up. I understand your long term goals and the target market you're looking for, which is all boats... right now, it seems to cater to the performance crowd, but who knows if you'll need a houseboat or big cruiser section in a year.

Play it by ear and keep it fluid. Just my $.02 as I've seen more than a few boards come and go.

***** :D

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
I appreciate the clarification and feedback.

Thank you
HB

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 02:24 PM
So should we ditch the off topic section?

What about the daily threads?

Bueller?

BarryMac
10-24-2012, 02:34 PM

Bueller?

Make the section the Political Section. The topics that I see in there are stuff that should be in the Sandbar.

If you give them a political section then they'll be sure and post political shit where it doesn't belong. ;)

Just my .02 which isn't worth shit...

shintoooo
10-24-2012, 02:37 PM

Bueller?

I'm gonna have to agree with GRADS (did I just say that?). The off topic and sandbar are pretty much the same thing. If you want to start the daily threads, just do them in the sandbar.

Also, whether you like it or not, you're going to have to create a political;) section.

jordy
10-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with GRADS (did I just say that?).

I'm debating turning in my forum card because I did... taking the rest of the day off and flushing out my system with a combination of bleach and gasoline. :D

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Then so it shall be.

See how easy that was.

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Wow that was fast.

Grads, Jordy send me your shirt size and address.

Thank you
HB

shintoooo
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I would like to buy a shirt too if you have any available. Thanks.

sean
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
what the hell.... moderators making the site fun and easy for its users??? this is the new and improved hotboat;)

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
what the hell.... moderators making the site fun and easy for its users??? this is the new and improved hotboat;)

Imagine that lol

big warlock
10-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Make the section the Political Section. The topics that I see in there are stuff that should be in the Sandbar.

If you give them a political section then they'll be sure and post political shit where it doesn't belong. ;)

Just my .02 which isn't worth shit...

How can you be tired of my politicAl banter when I just got here?

Lol

BarryMac
10-24-2012, 03:38 PM

Lol

You show your hand way to early...

Stainless
10-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Grads for moderator:p

jordy
10-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow that was fast.

Grads, Jordy send me your shirt size and address.

Thank you
HB

Check your PMs... ha ha! :D

what the hell.... moderators making the site fun and easy for its users??? ;)

Pipe down there nutswinger! :smilies_mit_hut013:

It doesn't take long... and your reputation precedes you! Hope your president can pull off his second term. :D

You show your hand way to early...

You've heard that about him too huh? :D

Grads for moderator:p

BAN HIM!!! :D

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I've been banned from a site. Personally I don't like ban buttons 😀

MMD
10-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with GRADS (did I just say that?). The off topic and sandbar are pretty much the same thing. If you want to start the daily threads, just do them in the sandbar.

Also, whether you like it or not, you're going to have to create a political;) section.

I agree on dumping the off-topic forum which I assume you already did. And the political forum would be a good idea as would one for firearms (large and small :D )

jordy
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Guns scare me!!! :D

Stainless
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree on dumping the off-topic forum which I assume you already did. And the political forum would be a good idea as would one for firearms (large and small :D )

How's about more bikinis on boats?:D

MMD
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM

Are you saying we need a bikinis on boats forum? :D

HB Vic
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM

They're coming :D

Stainless
10-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Are you saying we need a bikinis on boats forum? :D