PDA

View Full Version : Some good shots of PTC on the local news....

GRADS
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
.........launching. ;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10iish_tens-of-thousands-enjoy-big-wake-weekend_news

WMC
06-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Did you see the Hotboat.com hat:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

RogerThat99
06-06-2013, 02:20 PM
PTC wore his Hotboat hat all weekend. I think he even had it on under his helmet. LOL.

They also got a shot of PTC & I's buddy Dave Kikker in his fuel hydro.

ptc
06-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Nice Launch!!!!! lol......

Yea that was Dave Kikers "Nighthawk", the original 1987 TFH with no canopy (capable of around 180mph) and he was was trying to run it on that crap water. He did draw alot of crowds in the pits every time he did a warm up of that Keith Black Hemi on 30% nitro!!!! Kudos to Dave for bringing it out and letting the crowd enjoy it!

I certainly hope the City of Folsom and Sacramento dont shoot themselves in the foot with this event by trying to make of it more than it is, and then just quitting on it.... I think it can be a great event for many but if they want to draw the crowds they are seriously looking for, they will have to get serious and combine H1 with Formula 1 and maybe some POPRA and off shore boats all together to get this really going. The conditions at Folsom Lake is best for those types of boats that like big water.

APBA kids classes, outboards and even SS/PS/K classes are not going to bring out the crowds (100K) they are talking about and wishing for.

GRADS
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Yea that was Dave Kikers "Nighthawk", the original 1987 TFH with no canopy (capable of around 180mph) and he was was trying to run it on that crap water.

Crap water? That's hilarious because I actually commented to someone while we were out there that it was calmest water I have ever seen at Folsom on a weekend. :biggrin:

I agree with you that they need to incorporate other boats into the event like the offshore boats.

ptc
06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Crap water? That's hilarious because I actually commented to someone while we were out there that it was calmest water I have ever seen at Folsom on a weekend. :biggrin:

I agree with you that they need to incorporate other boats into the event like the offshore boats.

Crap is 'relative'.... ones mans crap is anothers..... treasure???? lol Yea that was pretty nice for "Folsom" but not for running a Top Fuel Hydro at speed....

It would be great to see SBI or OPA boats here at Folsom but probably more likely to see the POPRA guys here.