PDA

View Full Version : Big Wake Weekend---Folsom Lake, May31-June2 2013

GRADS2112
10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
H1 Unlimited Hydroplane racing is coming to Folsom Lake!!! By far the biggest event to ever happen at Folsom Lake...besides Pastie Cove.;)

Is anyone going to rent a log boom or RV space for the weekend?

Here's some info on it if you are interested.

http://www.bigwakeweekend.com/

http://www.facebook.com/BigWakeWeekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urAllgYOGIo

Napanutt
10-23-2012, 07:17 PM
H1 Unlimited Hydroplane racing is coming to Folsom Lake!!! By far the biggest event to ever happen at Folsom Lake...besides Pastie Cove.;)

Is anyone going to rent a log boom or RV space for the weekend?

I'm assuming you're gonna rent at least a log boom spot. I told Susie we are gonna go just not sure if bringing the boat, the motorhome or just a day or two. We can get the RV all access/all weekend pass for 4 for $800.00 or so.
How far are the RV spots from the action?

GRADS2112
10-24-2012, 11:49 PM
We were thinking of a log boom spot but not quite sure. We cant stay on our boat for 3 days unless we have a bathroom or something to eat.

GRADS2112
11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Their facebook page is saying only 30 RV spots left.

Napanutt
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Their facebook page is saying only 30 RV spots left.

Yea but aren't the RV spots like $600.00 for the weekend?

78_ Tahiti
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
May 31 - June 2, 2013 (Ticket Valid Each Day)
Folsom Lake State Recreation Area at Granite Bay

Premium RV Camping $750 Online Only
(Self Contained - No Tents)
Includes:
(4) Weekend Admission
(4) Pit Passes
Level, Paved 20' x 40' Sites
VIP Access Hardcards

Race Course Log Boom Parking $675 Online Only
Includes:
(4) Weekend Admission
(4) Pit Passes
On The Water Stern Tie-up
Boat Launch Privilege
Beach Boat Parking
On- Site Parking Vehicle & Trailer
VIP Access Hardcards

We will be in an RV for the weekend! Should be a great event!

Napanutt
12-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Isn't Granite bay park alcohol free? Wouldn't it be enforced for this event?

RogerThat99
12-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Isn't Granite bay park alcohol free? Wouldn't it be enforced for this event?

Alcohol is allowed on boats as long as the boat isn't touching shore. I would think they would make an exception for this weekend and have vendors selling beer. If they don't it is going to a long, hot weekend. LOL.

Rshrp2003
12-15-2012, 07:36 PM
I want to go for one of the days...... Will you be able to launch your boat as normal ? How close can you get to the course ?

M4operator
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
I want to go for one of the days...... Will you be able to launch your boat as normal ? How close can you get to the course ?

Hey Hotboats is back? what the heck where was I? OK so this is very cool. So is the lake closed for this event? Or can I launch as normal on the back side Browns Ravine??? Thanks for any help on this- some off us dont have 800 bucks for the weekend! LOL..

M4operator
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I just had a long conversation with Bob the event coordinator I assume. Got lots of info on camping, boat parking and so on. so I think all my questions got answred. Its a lot of info and I dont think I will post it all right now. But if someone needs info PM me and I will do my best to answer questions based on my conversation with Bob. Or obviously call him he is a cool guy.. Looks like we will get a camp site..

Napanutt
03-08-2013, 08:55 PM
I just had a long conversation with Bob the event coordinator I assume. Got lots of info on camping, boat parking and so on. so I think all my questions got answred. Its a lot of info and I dont think I will post it all right now. But if someone needs info PM me and I will do my best to answer questions based on my conversation with Bob. Or obviously call him he is a cool guy.. Looks like we will get a camp site..
I'm thinking of getting one too. Wife has to work Memorial weekend so we'll probably do this event in stead as our christening trip for the summer season (though $750.00 is a bit to swallow).

M4operator
03-10-2013, 09:23 AM
yes not cheap and I do not think they are getting people lined up and begging for a site.. I am thinking of getting another couple to share the burden. You only get four passes for the 750 - one for ea person.

454 blue boat
03-15-2013, 07:10 AM
My self the blue boat family and 1 Bad Dad will be there.we have a log boom spot. and a Rv spot and we will be showing my Dads Bad girl tunnel there too for the hole week end David over at Vintage jet boats has hooked us up big time see you all at the show or at the log boom we will be partying in a 23 ft. pearl white day cruzer with a 12 ft long purple Bimini top cant miss it

jrork
04-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Hope you guys are ready! I work with the crewchief of the U5 driven by Jimmy Shane and they're looking forward to this race. The boats still in route back from Quatar where they had a ton of success and sounds like a number of teams are putting it on kill to get the season off right.. I'm a fan of the thunder boats but let me tell ya, these turbine bpats arw regoddamndiculas! Just wish I could make the run south to see the race. Have fun. When they trow them into the corner is really something to see......john

ptc
04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
This event is going to be OFF THE HOOK. I hope HOTBOAT is going to be there!

There is still avail RV and log boom spots avail, the lake is open to any/all boaters as normal but you wont see much from behind the log boom regatta that will be setup. No launching from Granite Bay side this will be strictly for event boats and log boom ticket holders. If you want to get on the lake launch from Dike 8 or Browns Ravine on the opposite side and come on over!

General admission is to the beach area surrounding the Granite Bay Launch and its about $35 each day. No parking you will be shuttled in from parking offsite. There will be beer gardens and a midway with all kinds of stuff going on. Ski show, APBA cracker box races, California Speedboat Association Fly-bys.... (look for me there, Im gonna do the circuit!)

http://events.sacbee.com/images/internal/3/0/1/3/img_29433103_primary.jpg?resample_method=

Highvoltagehands
04-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Got my log boom passes. 3 days 4 passes VIP inc parking at event $675.00.

GotHalos
04-24-2013, 07:35 PM

:thumbup:

Welcome to hotboat.com!

Napanutt
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM

I'm probably gonna commit to an RV spot this week, need the wife to figure out her schedule though.

Napanutt
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Made reservations for a dry camp spot, state park, just across the lake from Granite Bay with some friends of ours. We should be able to hear the boats running. Maybe someone we know (Grads) will be on the water and take us over with him one day.:thumbsUp::action-smiley-035:

RogerThat99
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM

Hud, I will be counting on you to have some talent on your boat. It will be good to see you out there...haven't seen you in a while.

GRADS2112
05-15-2013, 09:50 PM
All the log boom spots were sold out when I checked with them last Friday. They are now selling "anchorage" spots for $695...:schreck:I talked to them and they said for the log boom and anchorage spots you are expected to beach your boat overnight and go home which pretty much killed it for me.

Napanutt
05-16-2013, 04:42 PM
All the log boom spots were sold out when I checked with them last Friday. They are now selling "anchorage" spots for $695...:schreck:I talked to them and they said for the log boom and anchorage spots you are expected to beach your boat overnight and go home which pretty much killed it for me.

So I'm assuming you're gonna launch somewhere besides Granite Bay and boat as close as you can to the race course?

Wendi
05-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Hud, I will be counting on you to have some talent on your boat. It will be good to see you out there...haven't seen you in a while.

Hope HUD makes his mushrooms

GRADS2112
05-16-2013, 06:49 PM
So I'm assuming you're gonna launch somewhere besides Granite Bay and boat as close as you can to the race course?
Nope, we were told if you don't buy a log boom or anchorage spot you will not get close enough (2500' buffer) to see it without binoculars. We are planning on watching it from shore or the beer gardens on Saturday.

RogerThat99
05-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Hope HUD makes his mushrooms

Different Hud. I would love to have some of the other Hud's mushrooms also.

Wendi
05-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Different Hud!! I would love to have some of the other Hud's mushrooms also.

Ok thanks for the clarification