PDA

View Full Version : Pardon our dust, We're moving......again

HB Vic
04-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Once again its time to move our site for a few reasons. Mainly good, we're growing. Thats a good thing.

We had a few bumps with godaddy awhile back, but once they figured out who we were things have been running smooth. Hopefully no one has had any issues logging in or connecting to the site.

To prevent any future issues, I am going to switch to a dedicated server. I'm going to stick with Godaddy, they seem to be doing a good job for us and are pretty responsive whenever we do have issues.

Dedicated ain't no joke. And it isn't cheap. But it's the right thing to do. A lot of you remember the issues we had awhile back. I dont want that to happen again. It really sucked ass. So this is a proactive step on my part to make sure we dont have those issues again.

Admin has been ready to pull the trigger on the move for awhile. I've asked him to hold off until a week or two after the Lucas Classic. Just in case we encounter a bump or two.

We'll give you a heads up when we're ready to pull the trigger. More than likely it will be late at night. And if all goes well you should not even notice we moved. But after the move the site should be super fast and we will not have the connectivity issues we've had in the past.

We certainly appreciate your patience. Thanks for hanging out with us here at www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com)!!

HB

rschap1
04-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Congrats and best of luck with the upgrade(s)

rioracr
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
you're on the clock, lites are flashing, motors running, lites go solid and counting down just don't red lite.......congrats on making this a top notch site... :goodluck:

Stainless
05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for being proactive, I have not had any issues lately though.

RitcheyRch
05-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Excellent news and thank you for providing a place for us.

HB Vic
05-13-2013, 02:47 PM
I hope we can move this week. Wouldn't be soon enough for me.

Unforgiven
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
we were having issues with some of our group signing up and logging in last night..admin took care of some but s=till some have not received confirmation emails...

Wendi
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
we were having issues with some of our group signing up and logging in last night..admin took care of some but s=till some have not received confirmation emails...

He fixed the ones you sent me.

HB Vic
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
It seems a few people used invalid email addresses. We just checked the new sign up deal and it's working fine.

Please make sure you don't make a typo or use an invalid email address when you sign up or you'll never receive the confirmation email.

Unforgiven
05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
It seems a few people used invalid email addresses. We just checked the new sign up deal and it's working fine.

Please make sure you don't make a typo or use an invalid email address when you sign up or you'll never receive the confirmation email.

the emails will be fixed tonight..I never said my crew guys were smart..I'm lucky if they can respond to emails..But they did a good attempt at signing up after a few cocktails.......

Wendi
05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
the emails will be fixed tonight..I never said my crew guys were smart..I'm lucky if they can respond to emails..But they did a good attempt at signing up after a few cocktails.......

Was fireball involved?

HB Vic
05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Was fireball involved?

Booze doesn't get people drunk, people get people drunk :D

WMC
05-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Booze doesn't get people drunk, people get people drunk :D

Yup. Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Wendi
06-09-2013, 09:02 PM
We switched the site to the dedicated server please bare with us the next few days. If you are having issues logging in please PM me and we will get your username back up and running. Thank you for your support.

Bobby V
06-09-2013, 09:50 PM
We switched the site to the dedicated server please bare with us the next few days. If you are having issues logging in please PM me and we will get your username back up and running. Thank you for your support.

Im good now. But when I tried to log in when I was in Havasu this morning it said I was banned forever. :no:

BTW How can one PM you if they can't log on.???

Napanutt
06-09-2013, 10:16 PM
I think everyone's banned until the dust settles.

Wendi
06-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Reach me on Hotboat Facebook with a message or email sales@hotboat.com. I think the banned situation has been fixed.

HB Vic
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Sorry for the inconvienence people. We're doing our best to minimize the impact. The move has something to do with how the site propagates through the internet. That and the site had to be move to a temporary url (river911.com) before the move can be complete.

Please be patient. It will all get fixed and this will (I hope!!) be the last move.

Thank you,
HB

HB Vic
06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Still working out some issues. I know it's frustrating, trust me I'm getting blown up on email and text and I've experienced some of the issues first hand.

Admin is working very hard on this move. It's been a pain in the ass quite honestly but once it's done and all the issues are resolved, we will be on a dedicated server. The site should be smokin fast and we should not have any issues down the road.

Thanks again everyone for your patience and understanding.

HB

H2oSki2Fast
06-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Reach me on Hotboat Facebook with a message or email sales@hotboat.com. I think the banned situation has been fixed.

Wendi, that email address is bouncing back.

HB Vic
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM
It is possible that our email is down for a bit too.

Try info@hotboat.com. Let me know if that doesnt work then I'll pm you a private address.

H2oSki2Fast
06-11-2013, 12:56 PM
It is possible that our email is down for a bit too.

Try info@hotboat.com. Let me know if that doesnt work then I'll pm you a private address.

That one no worky either. Must be the HB mail server. I'll send her the message through FB.

HB Vic
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
That one no worky either. Must be the HB mail server. I'll send her the message through FB.

Looks like send works but not receive.

I hate computers :drinkin:

riverrunner1984
06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Banned on Sunday Morning but fixed on Sunday evening! All is working great now for me! Good luck with the change over. We changed the servers at work last Tuesday and are still working out some "kinks"

HB Vic
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Complete pain in the ass people, trust me I feel your pain.

Just looking now it finally says hotboat.com again!!

We're getting there.

HB Vic
06-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning.

The site may be intermittent today. But after today we should be golden.

Its working for me. Both on my PC and Tapatalk. Hopefully the move will be complete by the end of day today and we can move forward.

Appreciate your patience. We're almost there.

HB

kevnmcd
06-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks! :thumbsUp:

HB Vic
06-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks! :thumbsUp:

No thank you.

So far so good. It seems hella fast now. Like supercharged and injected fast :yes:

78Southwind
06-12-2013, 11:21 AM
I noticed that some pictures are missing from threads.

HB Vic
06-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I noticed that some pictures are missing from threads.

Yes we're working on that.

Please let me know which ones and we'll get them fixed.

78Southwind
06-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Yes we're working on that.

Please let me know which ones and we'll get them fixed.

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?1772-86-ADVANTAGE-Bubbledeck

HB Vic
06-12-2013, 03:50 PM
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?1772-86-ADVANTAGE-Bubbledeck

Got it thank you.

Ziggy
06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Haven't been on in several weeks but it logged in as if nothing ever changed for me:thumbup:

HB Vic
06-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Haven't been on in several weeks but it logged in as if nothing ever changed for me:thumbup:

Awesome. Not sure how that all works. I know admin himself is having some trouble logging in.

Several weeks?? we need to fix that :happy:

Ziggy
06-12-2013, 04:13 PM
I will work on it :)