PDA

View Full Version : Boston marathon Bombing

Wendi
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to those that have lost their lives and were injured at the Boston marathon bombing. Very sad news.

A third bomb went off at the JFK library.

hbchgirl
04-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Very, very sad. I hope they catch whoever did this!

RogerThat99
04-15-2013, 11:33 PM
I can't believe someone did this. My wife ran a qualifying time to run the race today, BUT they had to change the course slightly due to flooding a couple of days before. This didn't allow enough time to get the course re-certified, so her time didn't count. If she ran it, she would have run it in the 4:00 to 4:15 time frame and we would have either been at the finish or she wouldn't have been allowed to finish, or worse. She had several friends running the race today, but all are OK. This really pisses me off!!

Wendi
04-16-2013, 06:39 AM
I can't believe someone did this. My wife ran a qualifying time to run the race today, BUT they had to change the course slightly due to flooding a couple of days before. This didn't allow enough time to get the course re-certified, so her time didn't count. If she ran it, she would have run it in the 4:00 to 4:15 time frame and we would have either been at the finish or she wouldn't have been allowed to finish, or worse. She had several friends running the race today, but all are OK. This really pisses me off!!

Omg RT99 very scary. You never know anymore. I guess we have to be extremely cautious wherever we go these days.

HB Vic
04-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Very distubing to watch the coverage of this attack. Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. And our gratitude goes out to those who put their lives at risk to help the injured.

When something like this hits home, in our own backyard, it really makes you realize how vunerable we really are. It also makes you realize how much more diligent we need to be whenever we see something that looks out of the ordinary. Maybe the scum who planned and carried out this attack went completely unnoticed, then again maybe there were signs but no one believed something like this could happen. Especially in our own backyard.

We've all been there. You know, that double take because something just didnt look right. But you usually do one of those, "nah, they can't be doing that in broad daylight".

Maybe its time for all of us to keep our eyes wide open and not be afraid to drop a dime on anyone who looks like they may be up to no good. Especially under similar circumstances.

It sucks that we can no longer live in complete peace, in our own country. But times have definitely changed and the last thing we can do now is let our guard down.

RIP to those who lost their lives in this senseless tragedy.

rschap1
04-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Well said.