PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be Clown (brown) free

Riverson
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
pseudo-intellectual
1. One who attempts to flex intellect that does not exist within his or her own mind.

2. Can probably be found with a thesaurus in hand, while in a chat room, looking up new insults that are synonymous with "stupid" in order to boost his or her own undeserved ego.

3. Typical cases of pseudo-intellectualism involve pre-pubescent 15 year olds that think they have everything figured out, including, but not limited to: life, religion, politics, education, and sex. Ironically, they have never quite experienced either of the aforementioned.

Napanutt
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Fuck Brown. :D

MMD
10-22-2012, 10:57 PM
His Doodieman.com phase was the beginning of the end

http://www.doodie.com/images/stories/classic/arnoldbrown.gif

phebus
10-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Brown is one of the reasons I have been involved on all the boards as long as I have. I find him a genius.

Cigalert
10-23-2012, 05:18 AM
This goes back to my beavis and butthead theory....people who didn't think that show was funny related too closely with the characters intellect.

HB Vic
10-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Charlie Brown?

Joker
10-23-2012, 07:26 AM
I don't really care. I'm here for a bitchen boating site that has real potential.

HB Vic
10-23-2012, 07:37 AM
I don't really care. I'm here for a bitchen boating site that has real potential.

You've come to the right place :encouragement:

Old Man Havasu
10-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Brown cracks me up! off kilter sometimes but his comebacks are epic.

big warlock
10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
if they let Canadians in this site is doomed!!

Icecreaman
10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
But I wonder, for every person that finds his comments epic, how many more silently look for some where else to hang out because they find his humor (if you call it that) sleaze, off putting and less than funny?

Pickled
10-23-2012, 04:24 PM
But I wonder, for every person that finds his comments epic, how many more silently look for some where else to hang out because they find his humor (if you call it that) sleaze, off putting and less than funny?

First post here,
I quit posting at the other site due to his and just a few others antics. Don't think he's funny, think he's a repugnant loser. I also feel he has been the "tone setter" that will be the demise for ol' RD. It has turned into animal house run by just a few posters who's desire to fit in, outweighs any modicum of civility.

Stainless
10-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Not to piss anyone off but, I enjoy most of Toms rhetoric. I liked him better after he got rid of that disgusting snowman avatar.:D

Pickled
10-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Dback,
I get it, he can be amusing. BUT insecure, egomaniac's like TB never know when to leave it alone. He relishes passive aggressive behavior and like I stated earlier, sets the tone, and the others in an effort to fit in, emulate his crap.

He is rude to women, seems to be preoccupied with anal fixations. How can the number of folks that leave that site due to him be counted. He is so popular, folks like me just leave.

pumpndump
10-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Really dig this site so far, But you do know that tom is watching us, right?:encouragement:

RitcheyRch
10-23-2012, 06:34 PM
He lurks. :D

Really dig this site so far, But you do know that tom is watching us, right?:encouragement:

Icecreaman
10-23-2012, 07:48 PM
First post here,
I quit posting at the other site due to his and just a few others antics. Don't think he's funny, think he's a repugnant loser. I also feel he has been the "tone setter" that will be the demise for ol' RD. It has turned into animal house run by just a few posters who's desire to fit in, outweighs any modicum of civility.

x2, This pretty much sums up my feeling. I'm curious to see what the direction here will be. I wasn't part of the old Hot Boat, but I've read a lot about it. Clean break and new direction or try to reclaim the old glory day's?

Pickled
10-23-2012, 07:56 PM
We will see.

WMC
10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
x2, This pretty much sums up my feeling. I'm curious to see what the direction here will be. I wasn't part of the old Hot Boat, but I've read a lot about it. Clean break and new direction or try to reclaim the old glory day's?
This is the New Hotboat.com and the new glory days will come. Thanks for posting

Icecreaman
10-23-2012, 08:09 PM
This is the New Hotboat.com and the new glory days will come. Thanks for posting

Nice, I also look forward to having another place to hang out. I wish you guy's all the luck with the sight.

McRib
10-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Dback,
I get it, he can be amusing. BUT insecure, egomaniac's like TB never know when to leave it alone. He relishes passive aggressive behavior and like I stated earlier, sets the tone, and the others in an effort to fit in, emulate his crap.

He is rude to women, seems to be preoccupied with anal fixations. How can the number of folks that leave that site due to him be counted. He is so popular, folks like me just leave.

Hi Tom. Welcome.

WMC
10-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Tom. Welcome.
I was wondering myself....:02.47-tranquillity:

shintoooo
10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Fuck Brown

McRib
10-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I was wondering myself....:02.47-tranquillity:

Pickleds verbage is very brownish.

Stainless
10-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Tom. Welcome.
Now that I re-read the posts, hmm?

shintoooo
10-23-2012, 08:57 PM
This place needs Brown. Can we change the background to Brown From orange?

Stainless
10-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Just leave that snowman avatar home!:D

Napanutt
10-23-2012, 09:13 PM
This place needs Brown. Can we change the background to Brown From orange?

I think October orange is fine until...November brown?

Pickled
10-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Not Brown, I left that house of mirrors.

shintoooo
10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I think October orange is fine until...November brown?

November Brown :D

Riverson
11-16-2012, 11:56 PM
if they let Canadians in this site is doomed!!

Doomed? Interesting choice of words....bw are you the pokey imposter?

Napanutt
11-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Doomed? Interesting choice of words....bw are you the pokey imposter?
Will the REAL PR388 please stand up?

CarolynandBob
11-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I don't like him or think he is funny. I do something very simple. I don't read is post or threads. Him being a member should not change anyone view of this site. If you just ignore him he will go away.

FireBall
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Fuck Brown.

HB Vic
11-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I kinda miss Brown. I know twisted right?

Pickled
11-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I find it really interesting. The same posters from "over there" come here and want things here to be the same as there. so the question begs, why come here?

The same tired posters, with the same tired threads.......fireball friday? taptalk picture threads?

FireBall
11-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I find it really interesting. The same posters from "over there" come here and want things here to be the same as there. so the question begs, why come here?

The same tired posters, with the same tired threads.......fireball friday? taptalk picture threads?

Start some new threads with your fresh topics.

Pickled
11-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Start some new threads with your fresh topics.

The reason is simple, there really isn't new subject matter. Posting tired old shit from days gone by doesn't sell. Posting pictures of my stuff? Nah, my ego doesn't need it. This forum will live the same exact lifespan as most. It will accelerate to a nice level, it will achieve critical mass, and it will be completely taken over by the mighty few with huge amounts of posts.

The new posters will be chased off by the muscle of the mob, ie (PR388) and a slow decline ensues.........

I watched with interest and a certain level of amusement, the guys who couldn't make it "over there" failed epically here at even a faster rate than they did there. Grads will be next, it's in their genes to push the envelope, question authority. My own life experience has shown me that those personality types are actually usually very successful in life. These guys are usually very nice in person and have families and friends that would die for their reputations. Grads must be a good guy, his friends ALWAYS come to his defense.

Just forum life as I see it. doesn't mean I'm right, just how I see it.

HB Vic
11-17-2012, 12:46 PM
The reason is simple, there really isn't new subject matter. Posting tired old shit from days gone by doesn't sell. Posting pictures of my stuff? Nah, my ego doesn't need it. This forum will live the same exact lifespan as most. It will accelerate to a nice level, it will achieve critical mass, and it will be completely taken over by the mighty few with huge amounts of posts.

The new posters will be chased off by the muscle of the mob, ie (PR388) and a slow decline ensues.........

I watched with interest and a certain level of amusement, the guys who couldn't make it "over there" failed epically here at even a faster rate than they did there. Grads will be next, it's in their genes to push the envelope, question authority. My own life experience has shown me that those personality types are actually usually very successful in life. These guys are usually very nice in person and have families and friends that would die for their reputations. Grads must be a good guy, his friends ALWAYS come to his defense.

Just forum life as I see it. doesn't mean I'm right, just how I see it.

So exactly who are you?

Pickled
11-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Someone who has failed at social interaction on forums and won't be your next problem to deal with.

just my first chance at observing a forum from the beginning.

The classic lurker who tries to learn from this stuff.

When I read, I wish to learn.....when I write, I wish to teach.

WMC
11-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Pickled Welcome to Hotboat. We have boating plans for this site..... alot of things in the works. Thanks

HB Vic
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Someone who has failed at social interaction on forums and won't be your next problem to deal with.

I don't have a problem with your criticism, it's welcome here. But I am curious as to how you think you've figured out the direction of this site being its only been up for a few weeks now. And not to mention it is winter for most of the country.

I do have a problem with bashing. Not a secret really, a few have already been banned for doing it.

So if you have something constructive to say, say it. Otherwise learn from the mistakes others have already made.

HB

Pickled
11-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Pickled Welcome to Hotboat. We have boating plans for this site alot of things in the works. Thanks

WMC,
Thanks...and one other thing that I think people need to observed and RESPECT. This is not someones living room, this is somebodies place of business. Not a place to shat on ones sofa and laugh about it. It is the means of someones ability to derive an income. (unless its just a hobby site for someone).

Pickled
11-17-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't have a problem with your criticism, it's welcome here. But I am curious as to how you think you've figured out the direction of this site being its only been up for a few weeks now. And not to mention it is winter for most of the country.

I do have a problem with bashing. Not a secret really, a few have already been banned for doing it.

So if you have something constructive to say, say it. Otherwise learn from the mistakes others have already made.

HB

I see no bashing here any any way. Just what I've seen on forums. Like I said, I do not wish to be a problem. As a mater of fact, while you were threatening to ban me, I was responding to WMC in manner that shows my respect as this is someones place of business. So if banning is in order for that?

HB Vic
11-17-2012, 01:05 PM
I see no bashing here any any way. Just what I've seen on forums. Like I said, I do not wish to be a problem. As a mater of fact, while you were threatening to ban me, I was responding to WMC in manner that shows my respect as this is someones place of business. So if banning is in order for that?

I'm pretty sure I didn't not threaten to ban you personally. Just a general statement in regard to bashing.

Welcome to www.hotboat.com

HB

WMC
11-17-2012, 01:10 PM
WMC,
Thanks...and one other thing that I think people need to observed and RESPECT. This is not someones living room, this is somebodies place of business. Not a place to shat on ones sofa and laugh about it. It is the means of someones ability to derive an income. (unless its just a hobby site for someone).

Your qoute make me fill like you're a taking it personal. I've heard that qoute before, almost word for word. Next your going to say We are taking food from others mouth( I hope I'm 100% wrong) We are building a boating website nothing more nothing less.

Pickled
11-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Your qoute make me fill like you're a taking it personal. I've heard that qoute before, almost word for word. Next your going to say We are taking food from others mouth( I hope I'm 100% wrong) We are building a boating website nothing more nothing less.

Nope....exactly the opposite. THIS is YOUR place of business. I don't concern myself with the other site.
RVR SWPR, yes the Mods need to be the adults in the room. Everyday.

WMC
11-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Nope....exactly the opposite. THIS is YOUR place of business. I don't concern myself with the other site.
RVR SWPR, yes the Mods need to be the adults in the room. Everyday.

Welcome again and thanks for posting... Stick around and see what www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com) bring to all us boaters. We have some cool stuff coming out. We are almost a month old I think we're going in the right direction

ChumpChange
11-17-2012, 06:50 PM
So exactly who are you?

I'm guessing the reincarnate of Socrates.

RogerThat99
11-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Welcome Pickled!!

I would agree with you that you were very respectful in presenting your observations / opinions. I didn't take any of Hotboat's post to you to be a threat of banning you...at least that isn't how I read it.

It sounds like you have been around the forums for a long time and came here under a new name for a fresh start. Nothing wrong with that. Welcome again and enjoy the fresh start. (you do kind of have a similar writing style as Brown. LOL.)

WMC
11-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Welcome Pickled!!

I would agree with you that you were very respectful in presenting your observations / opinions. I didn't take any of Hotboat's post to you to be a threat of banning you...at least that isn't how I read it.

It sounds like you have been around the forums for a long time and came here under a new name for a fresh start. Nothing wrong with that. Welcome again and enjoy the fresh start. (you do kind of have a similar writing style as Brown. LOL.)

:)

GRADS2112
11-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I like Tom Brown because he gets my Rush innuendos

Pickled
11-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Welcome Pickled!!

RT99,
Thanks for the welcome. I assure you I am not TB. He's one of the reasons I left.

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2013, 04:59 PM
sooooo.... anyone figure this thread out???

Wendi
08-29-2013, 05:35 PM
No what is there to figure out?

WESTERNAERO
08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
No what is there to figure out?

I think he means if Pickled is Tom Brown.

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2013, 05:50 PM
whos who and whats what???

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2013, 05:52 PM
wasn't pickle white works or something like that

ChumpChange
08-29-2013, 05:56 PM
wasn't pickle white works or something like that

Not WhiteWorks!

08-29-2013, 06:14 PM
I really have nothing to add here but just thought it would be a good place to get in my 100th post.

My work is finished for tonight…..:)

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Not WhiteWorks!

lol.... now I remember...

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2013, 06:40 PM
:action-smiley-069:
I really have nothing to add here but just thought it would be a good place to get in my 100th post.

My work is finished for tonight…..:)

congrats... tell lisa hi:action-smiley-069: