PDA

View Full Version : Who's the numbnutz?

Cigalert
04-10-2013, 03:14 PM
That mounted the hatch ram next to the impeller?

Sent from my hemDROID

WMC
04-10-2013, 03:52 PM
yes looking at the picture bottom left. My boat is way harder then that. I have stairs

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

HB Vic
04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
I didn't know you were mechanically inclined :D

Cigalert
04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
yes looking at the picture bottom left. My boat is way harder then that. I have stairs

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Do what I did with that ram....just remove them. You have to own a sawzall.

New gauges today too.

Out with the old...

And I could give a damn if they look like toon gauges....I'm having separation anxiety since the Bennington left.

Sent from my hemDROID

WMC
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Gauges look way better

Cigalert
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
I didn't know you were mechanically inclined :D

I wish I were but I can only fubar 50 year old pieces of bakery equipment....everything else is just guess work.

Gauges look way better

Even though they're not the color I ordered...I could care less....big improvement over the miami vice gauges that were there.

Cigalert
04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Really nothing like last minute....

Finished:

Oil Change/Filter
Fuel Filter
Drive Oil
Impeller
New Extinguisher Install
Trim limit/sender
New Gauges
New Head unit
Wired LCD remote
Added 6x9's to back seat
Built Boxes in rear seat base for subs
New Sub amp (The new Alpine MRX series is pretty badass for the price)
traced out wiring issue with the stern light

Just need to...

Oil the floor
Polish gel
stand off bimini mounts to clear new 6x9's
Annodes for trim rams

hallett21
04-17-2013, 08:17 PM
You bringing it to havasu this weekend?

Cigalert
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Not making the races this year cause I can't pull a race boat out without needing your excavation equipment.

Leaving either monday or tues and staying through the weekend.

hallett21
04-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Not making the races this year cause I can't pull a race boat out without needing your excavation equipment.

Leaving either monday or tues and staying through the weekend.

Lol understandable.i think there launching at the ramp this time. No beach launching.

niceguyeddie
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Are you going to put a clock in the missing gauge hole? I've seen a few guys with older Halletts do that once they ditched the square gauges as that gauge (can't recall what it is) is not available. Or I've seen a boost gauge used.

Sucks you cant fit bezels on the older Halletts that came with square gauges. Joel from Rodes Way Boats made a plate and powder coated it that goes behind his gauges that looks pretty nice. Shit.. his entire boat looks pretty insane after his resto.

Cigalert
04-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Lol understandable.i think there launching at the ramp this time. No beach launching.

You can thank me for that change

Are you going to put a clock in the missing gauge hole? I've seen a few guys with older Halletts do that once they ditched the square gauges as that gauge (can't recall what it is) is not available. Or I've seen a boost gauge used.

Sucks you cant fit bezels on the older Halletts that came with square gauges. Joel from Rodes Way Boats made a plate and powder coated it that goes behind his gauges that looks pretty nice. Shit.. his entire boat looks pretty insane after his resto.

The missing center hole was the hour meter. I replaced it with another hour meter that works but thinking about putting water pressure gauge and dropping the hour meter in the kick below the dash. I need a whole lot more money to ever put a boost gauge in there.

That backing plate is a really good idea. I also like the anno'd switch plate. I'm torn on what I want to do with my switch plate.

Either way, mechanically looking good, hull is solid, interior is a 6-7 but still has some seasons. The trailer is next on the list but gonna have to wait till next year.

niceguyeddie
04-18-2013, 01:58 PM
You can thank me for that change

The missing center hole was the hour meter. I replaced it with another hour meter that works but thinking about putting water pressure gauge and dropping the hour meter in the kick below the dash. I need a whole lot more money to ever put a boost gauge in there.

That backing plate is a really good idea. I also like the anno'd switch plate. I'm torn on what I want to do with my switch plate.

Either way, mechanically looking good, hull is solid, interior is a 6-7 but still has some seasons. The trailer is next on the list but gonna have to wait till next year.

Its all powder coat, not anodize. Anodize is nowhere near as durable then it fades and looks like shit after a few summers. I still don't understand why people prefer anodize but to each their own.

Cigalert
04-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Its all powder coat, not anodize. Anodize is nowhere near as durable then it fades and looks like shit after a few summers. I still don't understand why people prefer anodize but to each their own.

Color looks anno but you're right PC is the way to go.

I was considering just polishing my switch plate and clearing it. However, I dig the name plates and little designs that are engraved in it. Trying to keep the original writing and have it look even after polishing is almost impossible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

niceguyeddie
04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
McMaster-Carr sells pens in different colors, which allow you to retrace all of those engraved areas. IMCO uses them on a few different parts and they work really well.

Here's an example.

Cigalert
04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks NGE....I will check it out.

Wetsanding isn't for everyone....including me but I did it anyway. Should have probably taken this down more...just worried about how much gel I have left before I start burning through.

Before and after shots

Sent from my hemDROID