PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the site

foxfam312
04-09-2013, 07:21 AM
I don't know if the problem is my end, or on Hot boats end, but the site is extremely slow, and when I first log in I get a message that say I can't view the home page, I am going to try to post a test pic. well that didn't work, I have done it before It just sat there trying to upload,but never did.

HB Vic
04-09-2013, 07:36 AM
I/we are painfully aware of the issues with the site, trust me. With the outage on Sunday and now these issues ever since, I'm re-evaulating everything.

I'm assuming the bulk of the issues are GoDaddy issues, but I'm not 100%.

This is as frustrating for me if not more. I have a substantial investment in this site and the last thing I envisioned was constant site access issues. With todays technology I just assumed things like this were a thing of the past. I'm quickly learning this isn't the case.

We started with Network Solutions, I opened an account at Hostgator, paid for who knows how long, never loaded the site there and then opened an account with GoDaddy. And we've had nothing but issues ever since. I just paid for dedicated hosting at GoDaddy and we are in the process of moving the site, again. We are confident dedicated hosting will resolve these issues. In hindsight, I should have started out with dedicated hosting.

All I can ask is that you please bare with us a little longer. I can assure you I am doing everything (short of buying Network Solutions...lol) possible to get this thing fixed so it can be enjoyed like its supposed to be.

Please do not stop reporting any issue or bug you notice. I'm not a bury my head in the sand kinda person. So lets figure out what the problems are so we can get them fixed!!

Thank you for your patience.

HB

Wheeler
04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Please do not stop reporting any issue or bug you notice. I'm not a bury my head in the sand kinda person. So lets figure out what the problems are so we can get them fixed!!

HB

I've been trying to upload pix for the past 15 min. without success.

GotHalos
04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
godaddy :skull:

Wendi
04-09-2013, 10:53 AM

It be GODADDY!!!

wolfie
04-09-2013, 11:25 AM
you guys provide another great site to occupy my time. For what it costs, I can be as patient as need be! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Slacker
04-09-2013, 11:32 AM
GoDaddy to busy with sponsoring race teams instead of taking care of what got them to where they are today.

HB Vic
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Thanks Wheeler, we know.

RVR SWPR
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
The effort you guys put out outside of this Web site is incredible.The coverage of the Blue Water Hot Boat.com last week was awesome..We can hang in,no problem.

GotHalos
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
GoDaddy to busy with sponsoring race teams instead of taking care of what got them to where they are today.

Don't forget the Super bowl commercials !

Slacker
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
don't forget the super bowl commercials !

lol!!!

foxfam312
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I agree no worries here guys everything is fixable

HB Vic
04-09-2013, 12:30 PM
We appreciate the kind words that's for sure. GoDaddy responded to my Instagram post and everything seems to be rocking smooth now, thank you GoDaddy.

Now hopefully we can focus on content and not access.

Thanks all!!

hbchgirl
04-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I/we are painfully aware of the issues with the site, trust me. With the outage on Sunday and now these issues ever since, I'm re-evaulating everything.

I'm assuming the bulk of the issues are GoDaddy issues, but I'm not 100%.

This is as frustrating for me if not more. I have a substantial investment in this site and the last thing I envisioned was constant site access issues. With todays technology I just assumed things like this were a thing of the past. I'm quickly learning this isn't the case.

We started with Network Solutions, I opened an account at Hostgator, paid for who knows how long, never loaded the site there and then opened an account with GoDaddy. And we've had nothing but issues ever since. I just paid for dedicated hosting at GoDaddy and we are in the process of moving the site, again. We are confident dedicated hosting will resolve these issues. In hindsight, I should have started out with dedicated hosting.

All I can ask is that you please bare with us a little longer. I can assure you I am doing everything (short of buying Network Solutions...lol) possible to get this thing fixed so it can be enjoyed like its supposed to be.

HB

We're patiently waiting to load 250+ pics from this last weekend... looking forward to the thumbs up when things are fixed! :hmmm:

HB Vic
04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
We're patiently waiting to load 250+ pics from this last weekend... looking forward to the thumbs up when things are fixed! :hmmm:

Should be ok now. If not please let me know.

hbchgirl
04-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Ok, great! :action-smiley-035:
Unfortunately, the pics are not with me at work. :( I will work on uploading tonight.

Wendi
04-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Ok, great! :action-smiley-035:
Unfortunately, the pics are not with me at work. :( I will work on uploading tonight.

Liahna, Nic's password was reset, I sent it to him via text. He should also be good to go with posting again. Let me know if it doesn't work.

hbchgirl
04-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Ok thanks! :)

ChumpChange
04-09-2013, 02:55 PM
This post was going to be the second reply to this thread but it finally uploaded. :)

verman
04-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't know if the problem is my end, or on Hot boats end, but the site is extremely slow, and when I first log in I get a message that say I can't view the home page, I am going to try to post a test pic. well that didn't work, I have done it before It just sat there trying to upload,but never did.

x2 , no biggy just letting know, thank

hbchgirl
04-09-2013, 07:47 PM

Still unable to post pics :( I know it's not the picture files cause we posted same ones on FB.

Wendi
04-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Still unable to post pics :( I know it's not the picture files cause we posted same ones on FB.

Well have to reset your account. Something happened when godaddy went down. Admin has received a message.

hbchgirl
04-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Okie dokie

admin
04-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Okie dokie

HI, Would u mind trying to post a photo again and let us know.

hbchgirl
04-10-2013, 08:10 AM
HI, Would u mind trying to post a photo again and let us know.

Just tried to post a pic and no luck :( Not sure what's going on. Anyone else having problems loading pics?

HB Vic
04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Just tried to post a pic and no luck :( Not sure what's going on. Anyone else having problems loading pics?

Very strange. I'm not having any issues.

admin
04-10-2013, 09:20 AM

hbchgirl (http://www.hotboat.com/frm/member.php?1386-hbchgirl) Would u mind PMing me your login password so I can log in as u and try to post a photo to experience the issue and fix it. I have regular account besides admin and am able to post fine. Thanks.

foxfam312
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Iam going to try to post a pic, still no luck it say's the photo I am trying to upload exceeds my quota

GotHalos
04-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Hmm...

GotHalos
04-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Iam going to try to post a pic, still no luck it say's the photo I am trying to upload exceeds my quota

Are you uploading via tapatalk or computer?

foxfam312
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
my computer

hbchgirl
04-10-2013, 09:40 AM
hbchgirl (http://www.hotboat.com/frm/member.php?1386-hbchgirl) Would u mind PMing me your login password so I can log in as u and try to post a photo to experience the issue and fix it. I have regular account besides admin and am able to post fine. Thanks.

Yep... just sent it to ya

foxfam312
04-10-2013, 12:17 PM
hip hip wooorayy just logged on and got my home page now going to try to load a pic, Excellent it worked, oh by the way, I know the pic isn't boating related, my son Aaron practicing sunday at Industry hills.

Slacker
04-10-2013, 05:03 PM
hip hip wooorayy just logged on and got my home page now going to try to load a pic, excellent it worked, oh by the way, i know the pic isn't boating related, my son aaron practicing sunday at industry hills.

nice!!

WMC
04-10-2013, 05:50 PM
hip hip wooorayy just logged on and got my home page now going to try to load a pic, Excellent it worked, oh by the way, I know the pic isn't boating related, my son Aaron practicing sunday at Industry hills.

I used to hang with Billy Hamill.

HB Vic
04-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I used to hang with Billy Hamill.

The ice skater??

foxfam312
04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Right on, he still rides, he also heads up the junior program, in fact we were supposed to go to Elsinore today, but he had to bail at the last minute, something with work, He is really a great guy.