PDA

View Full Version : LA Boat Show: Found the new boat!

ChumpChange
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Bennington 24' with four letters after it. What letters I can't remember. Wanted to go back today but daughter not feeling well so can't leave wife home alone. No rush but finally saw our perfect configuration with acceptable price.

Sales are UP this year!

WMC
02-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I also liked the Bennington but it was 95k. But I want it:D
Time for the Magic to go
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Wendi
02-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Bennington was packed full of people and made two sales while we were there

pictured here are Jeff and amber
25 QCW io Bennington 430 hp 496 ho w/ bravo 3x top speed 56-58
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/11/a9ady8ag.jpg

And John and Carol Jalaba
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/11/8u7ezyja.jpg

ChumpChange
02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I also liked the Bennington but it was 95k. But I want it:D
Time for the Magic to go

Let me know when you're ready. I'm serious.

WMC
02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
I will

Slacker
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
If you didn't check out the South Bays you should, they will do custom. We looked and a lot of different manufactures for about 2 years and decided on the SouthBay, got more for the $$$$. Very happy with it.

2FORCEFULL
02-10-2013, 11:45 PM
If you didn't check out the South Bays you should, they will do custom. We looked and a lot of different manufactures for about 2 years and decided on the SouthBay, got more for the $$$$. Very happy with it.

I don't even like pontoons and I want to buy a south bay... those are cool

WMC
02-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Slacker post some pic of your. South bay wasn't at the LA show

HB Vic
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
I sitll need to post a ton of pics I took.

The show was good albeit small. Interesting that Bennington had the largest and most impressive showing by far. Years back there were a few manufactures who would have filled that space that were not at the show this year. Sign of the times I suppose. But I also heard sales were up this year, which is awesome. I honestly think people are tired of sitting on their dough. The economy is what it is, those who can afford it seem to be spending a little more.

There were a couple of manufacturers who appear to be totally focused on the entry level consumers. Which is super smart, especially right now. Get them in a boat, get them hooked, then upgrade them in a couple years. Some manufacturers have gone away from the stepping stone model. If its working for them great, if it isn't I think they should take note of these other manufacturers. Nothing wrong with entry level boats. Most of the performance boaters started out that way. I only know a few ballers who jumped right in to a big boy boat. And I wasn't one of them.

I'll get the pics up soon. Unfortunately I was detained slightly yesterday :shock:

Slacker
02-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Ours is the 522 SL TT which is 22' interior (playpen area) and 24' center line end to end with a 150 EFI 4 Stroke Merc. They also have the 700 and 900 series which are alot fancier. We are in no hurry these days,,,,LOL ! Oh Yeah it's a Tri-Toon. 42934294

Miss Managed Assets
02-11-2013, 10:35 PM

Test drove a South Bay At Irvine Lake, really liked it!!