PDA

View Full Version : Darn Kitties!

niceguyeddie
02-05-2013, 03:47 PM
So I go to pick my boat up today (haven't seen it in months)... Cover was ripped from the IE winds and a family of cats were living in it. The carpet completely wreaks of cat piss! GRRR..

Ok rant over lol. ...

Anyone else had rodents/animals living in their boat?

Wendi
02-05-2013, 04:01 PM
So I go to pick my boat up today (haven't seen it in months)... Cover was ripped from the IE winds and a family of cats were living in it. The carpet completely wreaks of cat piss! GRRR..

Ok rant over lol. ...

Anyone else had rodents/animals living in their boat?

So this is why I keep mine indoors. Cat piss is hard to get rid of. Yuck.

To answer your question, NOPE!

niceguyeddie
02-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Haha! Yea, pulling the carpet out tonight and having it re-done. I'm not gonna even try cleaning it. Keeping this one in my garage now.

Ziggy
02-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Count yourself on the lucky side. I had a cat get into my boat years ago after the cover got ripped. It clawed the crap out of two seats, I was livid.

ChumpChange
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Haha! Yea, pulling the carpet out tonight and having it re-done. I'm not gonna even try cleaning it. Keeping this one in my garage now.

Good call. There is absolutely NO WAY to get cat piss smell out of carpet.

Tom Brown
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
We had a rental house with terrible cat urine and feces smell in the basement carpet. I assumed we'd have to toss the carpet but the renter was able to get rid of 100% of the smell. I'm not sure how she did it but she told me she just used the vacuum. I suspect she sprinkled some sort of powder, probably baking soda, on there and then vacuumed it off.

This guy has a recipe he claims works. After this recent demonstration, I'd try it. It was amazing.

http://www.remove-cat-urine.com/THE-RECIPE.html

I can tell you shampoo and bleach won't touch the smell, though.