PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an AZ resident?

YoPengo
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Just thinking about this... A friend :cool: asked me this the other day... I think someone here may be an expert. :chuncky:

How difficult would it be to become a AZ resident? If you already own a house in AZ... Are a Business owner and could change the corporation to AZ or open a branch office.

This person would be willing to pay all AZ corporate and income taxes.

What if you kept your CA vehicles registered in your wife's name and she stayed a CA resident?

Anybody do this or know anyone who has (hypothetically) ?

He knows the "rules" about spending the majority of your time in AZ... Just wants to know the "other" options.

HB Vic
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
My recommendation, don't do it. The FTB will come find you. Unless you do it right of course. But that means principal residence in Az, vehicles in Az, company and/or taxes in Az. If you're still married and wife files taxes in Ca and you in Az, that will probably be an issue. Now if she doesn't work or does not file in Ca then you might be ok.

Ca is brutal at collecting. Can't wait to get the hell out :D

Ziggy
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I was about to register a car in Az thinking it should be less expensive since I leave it there part of the year, but no, the insurance and registration were both more expensive.:notsure::dunno: Kinda took me by surprise.
We will consider changing our residency when we are closer to retirement..

The Doctor
01-23-2013, 05:52 PM
And we Arizonans would welcome you producer-types with open arms as we continue to ship our illegals to California where they are welcomed with open arms.

Bobby V
01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Just thinking about this... A friend :cool: asked me this the other day... I think someone here may be an expert. :chuncky:

How difficult would it be to become a AZ resident? If you already own a house in AZ... Are a Business owner and could change the corporation to AZ or open a branch office.

This person would be willing to pay all AZ corporate and income taxes.

What if you kept your CA vehicles registered in your wife's name and she stayed a CA resident?

Anybody do this or know anyone who has (hypothetically) ?

He knows the "rules" about spending the majority of your time in AZ... Just wants to know the "other" options.

Don't do it John. Theres NOTHING for you to gain by doing this. I think you know that now. :)

YoPengo
01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I know I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I know I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You picked the wrong state. Now if you're trying to save a few bucks, "move" to Nevada :D