PDA

View Full Version : Vidal Check Stop

HB Vic
01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Ag check, ok I get that but why are they really there?

"Hi where are you coming from?" How does that stop illegal produce from entering the state?

Slacker
01-21-2013, 03:34 PM

"Hi where are you coming from?" How does that stop illegal produce from entering the state?

It doesn't stop nothin and a joke,,,,just another waste of tax payers $$$,,,,,,,,nothin new!

Ziggy
01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
I like going through there eating an apple or banana:biggrin-new:

Slacker
01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I like going through there eating an apple or banana:biggrin-new:

I let the wife eat the Banana:beguiled:

HB Vic
01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
It doesn't stop nothin and a joke,,,,just another waste of tax payers $$$,,,,,,,,nothin new!

I've seen as many as 6 people hanging out inside that building.

Same deal goes for the one coming home from Vegas. They should calculate the amount of pollution it takes to slow down, stop, and then get back up to speed just to say "hi where you coming from, ok, have a nice day" :D

PokerRun388
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Lol, I've always hated having to slow down just to tell them I'm coming from Havi or Parker. Most of them time they just look down at my windshield and see the Fastrack transponder for the toll roads and just wave me through.

Wendi
01-21-2013, 09:01 PM
They didn't see the lemons I brought through. It's a waste of taxpayers money.

Slacker
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM

You criminal,,,,:smilies_mit_hut032:

Wendi
01-21-2013, 09:07 PM
You criminal,,,,:smilies_mit_hut032:

That's right I did it on purpose too haha.

Mitch
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM

What their really after is the bottle of Fireball under The passenger seat !

Mitch
01-21-2013, 11:24 PM
FYI i took several attempts to post I was getting the you do not have permission dealio ....

HB Vic
01-22-2013, 07:02 AM
FYI i took several attempts to post I was getting the you do not have permission dealio ....

I know Mitch. Believe me I know.

It is being addressed I can assure you. I get the same error. Very frustrating.

Wendi
01-22-2013, 07:42 AM
What their really after is the bottle of Fireball under The passenger seat !

ITs in my coffee cup

Havasuing
01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
The Border Protection/Inspection Stations at Vidal Junction and Needles might not be so much fun in the very near future, especially for boaters heading from Havasu or Parker coming back into California. Expect a significant ramp-up in invasive species (quagga mussel) inspections on all boats and trailers. Be sure and travel with the drain plugs out (if not, a citation can be written with a fine attached). Also, need to make sure that the boat and trailer are dry (no water anywhere) and that things like anchors, water toys, ski ropes, etc. are clean. If the inspection station finds a 'mussel' hitch-hiking on your boat or trailer, you will be pulled into "secondary" (this means the inspection station will blast your boat and trailer with a hot water (about 180 degree) pressure wash. This could mean up to a 1 to 2 hour delay in your travel time. In mid-February the Lake Havasu Marine Association will start distributing invasive species "stickers" to be attached to the tongue area of your trailer with information about the proper protocol to clean your boat and eliminate mussels. Although these "stickers" won't prevent you from being inspected at the stations, they are suppose to expedite potential inspection delays. It might be worth getting one if it puts you on a fast track.

Wendi
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
The Border Protection/Inspection Stations at Vidal Junction and Needles might not be so much fun in the very near future, especially for boaters heading from Havasu or Parker coming back into California. Expect a significant ramp-up in invasive species (quagga mussel) inspections on all boats and trailers. Be sure and travel with the drain plugs out (if not, a citation can be written with a fine attached). Also, need to make sure that the boat and trailer are dry (no water anywhere) and that things like anchors, water toys, ski ropes, etc. are clean. If the inspection station finds a 'mussel' hitch-hiking on your boat or trailer, you will be pulled into "secondary" (this means the inspection station will blast your boat and trailer with a hot water (about 180 degree) pressure wash. This could mean up to a 1 to 2 hour delay in your travel time. In mid-February the Lake Havasu Marine Association will start distributing invasive species "stickers" to be attached to the tongue area of your trailer with information about the proper protocol to clean your boat and eliminate mussels. Although these "stickers" won't prevent you from being inspected at the stations, they are suppose to expedite potential inspection delays. It might be worth getting one if it puts you on a fast track.

I'm so glad I store my boat in Parker.

HB Vic
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM

With all the routes around the check points, you have to wonder if they make any difference.

Ziggy
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I wondered earlier when they will start to watch those routes but didn't want to bring attention to it. :)

Mitch
01-23-2013, 07:51 AM
I wondered earlier when they will start to watch those routes but didn't want to bring attention to it. :)

I dont think they will the California side of the lower river south of Agnes Wilson is unchecked its also a heavy traveled route by truckers coming from Vegas / Boulder Nevada , they also miss the scales going that way . They got you in Vidal going lower river theres to many right hand turns to police it.

OCMerrill
01-23-2013, 02:08 PM

Yep. It's never been about the Fruit.

I answered wrong at the Check point on Highway 8 many years back. They tore my motor home apart and treated me like total shit.

Just so you know the answer is not "From the end of this fucking line of cars."

HB Vic
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Yep. It's never been about the Fruit.

I answered wrong at the Check point on Highway 8 many years back. They tore my motor home apart and treated me like total shit.

Just so you know the answer is not "From the end of this fucking line of cars."

Troubleseeker :D